Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Score Of The Day: Apple Green C&B Performer  (Read 3492 times)

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
Score Of The Day: Apple Green C&B Performer
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:05:04 PM »
Found this ad 14 minutes after posting. Brett enjoy the Gourmet System Griddle.

Then went to WKC Website @Alfonso also posted it.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/cb-green-performer-$35-san/

Sandy emailed me back Friday night. And made arrangement to pick it up Saturday noon.
I told her how I love her CL advertisement. It is indeed a groovy color.

On her ad she said it's a magical grill. Everything her husband cooked came out fantastic. There is something about this grill. As soon as I took it home I scraped the crud on the bowl on the lid and I could not wait to cook on it. After unloading the grill I texted @brettbrown
I told Brett this performer came with a Gourmet System with Griddle and offered to give it to him. In a half an hour Brett was in my house. Brett don't forget to post before and after on cleaning the grate and the griddle.
As soon as Brett left the house I couldn't wait to cook on the grill to take to the party. Notice the cinnamon color when the lid gets hot. Very cool.

Some freebies that were not in the picture. Also she gave me 3 bags of charcoal.

The reason they are selling this grill is they are moving back to New York this is where they originally came from 25 years ago.
Some food from the party. I was a very fun evening. There was so much food at this party people were still bringing more.

Notice the roast pig.

BBcue-Z

• WKC Ranger
Re: Score Of The Day: Apple Green C&B Performer
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 12:17:54 PM »
Great catch!!!
And what a feast :)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2014, 12:24:37 PM »
The green Crate & Barrel's are indeed magical. My dad's older model (2006 I think) can do things I still struggle to do with my '92, don't ask my why. Awesome deal.

I see a wood or 2015 table conversion in your future.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2014, 12:52:25 PM »
I did a little white wheelin on the gourmet grate. I don't know if I can save her. It's really pitted and the metal looks to be about half the thickness it was originally. The cast iron griddle is another story. I stripped it down in a self clean oven then reseasoned it using the technique I learned on the forum.
I'll keep working on the grate, any pointers?
Thanks again Alvin for the hook up.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2014, 12:53:15 PM »
Nice score and great looking feast for sure!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 12:53:38 PM »
And I meant wire wheeling. I have fat fingers.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2014, 01:15:11 PM »
wow that color is reedonk.  congrats alvin and brett!

i'm sure some vinegar and water would clean the rust up from what i've seen.  so would evapo rust but i've never used it on a surface i'd be eating off of.  (not sure if that's safe to use on cooking surfaces). 

congrats again guys! 
I only use kettles with lid bales.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »
Man, Alvin is great at hooking people up with some fine Weber scores!

I'll keep working on the grate, any pointers?

Do you have a weed burner?  These work great.
I like to grab a scouring pad, and some cheap vegetable / cooking oil.

Before using any oil, scrub the grate while it's dry with a dry scouring pad to help loosen and remove unwanted stuff.
Then dip the scouring pad in some oil and scrub the grate - top and underside.  Then hit it with the weed burner.

Assess the grate, then repeat above procedure with the pad and oil, if necessary.
Based on the pics, that grate should clean up nice. Don't expect it to look like new, unless that's your goal.

When you feel it's to your satisfaction, put a light coating of veg oil on it, and it should be good to go.  :) :)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2014, 03:04:48 PM »
I forgot to mention that Alvin also gave me some small tab bowl vents. Cleaned them up a little and just put them on. I had to reshape them with a rubber mallet.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2014, 04:18:07 PM »
That a great colour there Alvin....beauty find for sure.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

aguyindallas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »
Holy score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Tools - 22.5 OTG, 26.75 OTG, Genesis 330, Take Anywhere Gasser, 22.5 WSM, Texas Smokemaster Offset Smoker

Copperkettle218

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 03:41:27 AM »
Oh man.  That's phenomenal.  I love my copper, but all my inside kitchen Le Creuset stuff is light green.   I'd love a green Performer.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2014, 06:48:03 PM »
I've been successful cleaning grates by soaking grates overnight in vinegar and baking soda in a garbage bag and then hitting with wire wheel the next day.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP