Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My Wife Found me a Green OTG for $20  (Read 3393 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
My Wife Found me a Green OTG for $20
« on: September 15, 2014, 06:38:11 AM »
My wife doesn't really understand my grilling obsession and/or why I want so many grills. She actually gives me a hard time about it on a semi-regular basis. You can imagine my shock when she texted me a picture of a green Weber OTG that was for sale for $20 on our neighborhood trading website. I thought it was a joke at first, but she was serious.

Needless to say, I picked it up ASAP. Surprisingly enough, the seller was only three houses down from us. The wife said she was selling it because her husband never used it. The husband did not appear happy with his wife. I told him to come on down the street if he ever smelled me grilling.

Pics are attached. It is a one touch gold from 2003. It is in great condition. There are a few scuffs, and the grates are a little rusty, but nothing that can't be cleaned up. I love the green color too.   I have to give credit to my wife...she did a great job.  She is an amazing woman. 

I have been keeping an eye out for a OTG for a couple years on CL. I never would have guess my wife would find the best deal. She did ask that I get rid of the black one, which I agreed to do. But I will just take it out to the deer lease to use out there.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

eccj

• WKC Brave
Re: My Wife Found me a Green OTG for $20
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 07:34:11 AM »
That's awesome! I want an OTG or a performer so bad!

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 08:13:08 AM »
Great Score....The green ones look awesome. Now add some wood handles and you will really be pimpin' ;-)

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:43:20 AM »
find a way to drop $20 in flowers on her.  what an absolute angel. 

congrats on a great grill and an even better wife! 

I only use kettles with lid bales.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 09:00:16 AM »
Shibby! Looks to be in excellent shape too!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »
A OTG for $20? That is a great deal!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Taz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 09:48:15 AM »
Sweet.  Your wife rocks!  Very important question...Does your wife have a single twin sister?

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 11:53:43 AM »
Great looking green, great move by your wife but...............

The wife said she was selling it because her husband never used it. The husband did not appear happy with his wife. I told him to come on down the street if he ever smelled me grilling.

Ah man.  That was f***in' cruel. I could not have said that with a straight face. It must have been all shriveled up when you left him with his SWMBO and NO kettle.  That will never be me.  Got a couple/three non-Weber cookers that have not used in some time but I would never abide that.  Old Hoss abides plenty but never something akin to that nonsense.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 11:58:17 AM »
Great looking green, great move by your wife but...............

The wife said she was selling it because her husband never used it. The husband did not appear happy with his wife. I told him to come on down the street if he ever smelled me grilling.

Ah man.  That was f***in' cruel. I could not have said that with a straight face. It must have been all shriveled up when you left him with his SWMBO and NO kettle.  That will never be me.  Got a couple/three non-Weber cookers that have not used in some time but I would never abide that.  Old Hoss abides plenty but never something akin to that nonsense.

I was actually being serious.  Seemed like a decent guy.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:03:18 PM by tb80 »
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 12:06:53 PM »
I've taken finished BBQ back to people that either gave me a good deal, took the time to talk shop, or seemed like they were maybe sort of in the situation described above......

Oh, and PS:  The last one the wife scooped up went like this.......OTS, Black, almost new, yard sale, sees it up ahead, yanks the car over, flies out the door leaving it open & beats TWO other BIG guys to the score......$10, with complete set of stainless grilling tools.............the truth is out there.....even for significant others....... 8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 12:11:38 PM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 12:12:00 PM »
I was actually being serious.  Seemed like a decent guy.

Cool.  And I am sure you are a decent fella as well.  All the same that would never be me.  It would hurt too much.

Use that cooker good cause it sounds like it needs it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

El-Bastardo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »
That's a killer score! I love the green kettles. Looks like it's in great shape too. Congrats!

Tell me boy, what is the riddle of steel?

USAMADEBLADE.com

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 07:12:58 PM »
Fantastic score!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 08:10:56 PM »
The wife said she was selling it because her husband never used it.
wait is that how it works?

anyone want to buy a vacuum?   8)
I only use kettles with lid bales.