Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Serial/model# question  (Read 2459 times)

PistolsFiring

• Smokey Joe
Serial/model# question
« on: August 11, 2014, 09:16:45 AM »
So, my C&B green performer has a 2010-AD vent code. But my identification sticker model# shows this being a black touch and go. So, the bowl and lid were put on a black touch and go cart? Sticker almost looks like it was put on as a replacement though, with the worn appearance and looks like you can see where the old sticker was underneath. What do y'all think?
C&B Green Performer; Performer 22; Kettle; WSM 22; Smokey Joe; Spirit E-210

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Serial/model# question
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2014, 09:31:17 AM »
Run with it. Meat won't know the difference
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2014, 09:31:27 AM »
Hey Pistols,

The "touch and go" is just the gas ignition portion of the performer table. If it says black they may have just replaced the bowl or cart at some time.

Nice snag!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 12:54:07 PM »
So, my C&B green performer has a 2010-AD vent code. But my identification sticker model# shows this being a black touch and go. So, the bowl and lid were put on a black touch and go cart? Sticker almost looks like it was put on as a replacement though, with the worn appearance and looks like you can see where the old sticker was underneath. What do y'all think?

It looks like the original sticker to me, just peeling and shrinking, where did you go to get the color info, was it from Weber?
I'm including a pic of my sticker and other than the serial being different (as it should be) the info looks pretty
much identical. I'll go out and grab some pics of the other 2 AD's and put them up if needed..
Don't know why the image didn't show, but here is take two...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 02:11:05 PM by mirkwood »
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 05:11:17 PM »
If it bothers you that bad. I have a lid/bowl for you.

hell, I will even do the swap for you.

PistolsFiring

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2014, 06:03:43 PM »
Long, long story...but i was able to get what I needed from weber CS. Funny thing is, I logged onto weber tonight to check my registered grills again to give the details of my performer model #s, and it appears that the CS rep has now changed my model# of the C&B performer to match what it should be. My sticker shows model# 142999 which pulls up as a black performer, but now it's changed to a 142995. I'm good to go but it was a strange conversation.

PistolsFiring

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2014, 06:32:29 PM »
Mirkwood, when I registered the C&B online a short time ago with model 1427999 and my s/n(what my sticker reads),  the website changed it to a black performer 1421001 just like my black performer I had. I didn't have time to mess with it then. Today,CS rep said, C&B model# should be 142795. I told him "maybe I wrote it down wrong then" which isn't the case. I ordered a new lid...and he ended the phone call with "hang on to that, we're not making that color again like ever." I'm sure that's a stretch but who knows with weber.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2014, 11:53:11 PM »
If I understand you correctly, the sticker's are not really correct to start with and the correct model number should be the
142795 number? Should that be a 7 digit mod num like most other performer mod numbers? You have 6 listed..
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

PistolsFiring

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 03:36:42 AM »
Mirkwood, I think that is what's going on. My bad, the C&B model# is 7 digit. 1427995. The last digit changes from 9 to 5.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »
No worries PF, just having the correct model number is kind of priceless to me so will be writing that
number down on the manual that came with the dark blue performer.