Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cook or Keep?  (Read 1570 times)

lemisfits

• WKC Brave
Cook or Keep?
« on: July 07, 2014, 07:43:42 PM »
I finally thinned the herd and I am considering cooking on my kettles.  I have a Pat Pending Cado, early-mid 70s Copper Mist, and a B Code Redhead.  I haven't cleaned any of them since acquiring them.  Do you guys just collect them or do you guys actually cook on them consistently?  Which one should I break in first?
Looking for a lime or imperial blue...in my dreams.

G$

• WKC Performer
Re: Cook or Keep?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 08:19:09 PM »
Cook.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 09:30:34 PM »
I clean all the kettles I pick up. I find it therapeutic and rewarding to see a beater come back to life. That's one of the aspects of this hobby that I enjoy the most- along with the cool people I get to interact with and finding cool stuff on CL. With that said, I don't always cook on all of mine. I know how a kettle cooks so I don't really see the need to try out every color. Maybe one day I'll have the urge. :P
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

argentflame

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 11:01:33 PM »
I like to cook on all of mine. It's fun to cook on 3 to 4 kettles at the same time. Or if I'm too lazy to clean one I just use the next kettle.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 04:05:06 AM »
If I can't (or won't) cook on it, I don't want it.  I have a few that only get used on special occations (yellow MBH), but they all get used.
-Keith

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2014, 05:27:30 AM »
I clean all the kettles I pick up. I find it therapeutic and rewarding to see a beater come back to life. That's one of the aspects of this hobby that I enjoy the most- along with the cool people I get to interact with and finding cool stuff on CL. With that said, I don't always cook on all of mine. I know how a kettle cooks so I don't really see the need to try out every color. Maybe one day I'll have the urge. :P

^ x2
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2014, 06:47:37 AM »
do you guys actually cook on them consistently?   

That's why they made them, right?   ;D

Cook on them, you will enjoy it.   I am not sure how to evaluate "consistently" but mine get cooked on. 

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2014, 08:23:53 AM »
To me, there's nothing more fun than the feeling of cleaning up an oldie and cooking on it that night. It is a joy to cook on a 40+ year old avocado or a 30+ year old early all wood handled blackie. Soon my family will dine on food cooked on a kettle that is past the half century mark. Sure I constantly clean my kettles and look at them but having AND cooking on the classics is what makes this hobby fun to me. Plus the fact that I use most of mine somewhat justifies the amount I have to my wife.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2014, 01:31:56 PM »
I try to cook on them all at some point, however if it is breezy or somewhat windy i will only cook on my golds, if not i'll haul out one of my older ones!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......