Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Thinking Of Trading My Blue OTG  (Read 994 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Thinking Of Trading My Blue OTG
« on: May 22, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
Saw this when it first came up:

"For sale or trade weber smokey mountain smoker
This ones a few years old
But in very good condition
I'm looking to sell or trade it
I will only trade it for something else weber
Most likely a red kettle or one other then black
Let me know what you have
Only weber stuff
Selling price would be $225"

I have but one coloured Kettle and I love that thing.  I wasn't going to go for the deal but a buddy made a few points - I have 2 other Kettles, the blue one cost me $50, I do not have a 18 inch WSM, got a 22 WSM but not the more efficient easier to travel with smaller one and....if I did not go for it he would take to calling my blue OTG "the 340 dollar cooker".....as that is what a new 18 inch WSM goes for up here in Canada.

So I messaged the fella last night and he asked for a picture this morning.  Damn I really like that blue Kettle...and I read somewhere they discontinued the colour as of this year?  I was at a big bbq place in Toronto a couple months back and they had blue ones.

Edit:  Well it is the day after I sent the fella a picture of my blue.  I just checked the site where he had his ad and it is gone and I have recieved no return e-mail.  The BLUE stays with poppa.  Too bad about the WSM but I get to keep my kettle - my consolation prize is beauty.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:22:18 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: Thinking Of Trading My Blue OTG
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2014, 03:02:23 PM »
Hoss you only have $50 in the blue, trade it. Yes, they were discontinued but if you know a store that has them buy a new one for $150. Still less than the $225 the guys is advertising and less than a new 18 WSM.k
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2014, 03:57:37 PM »
I think it makes sense to trade as shipping a wsm to you would cost more than shipping a OTG should you want to replace it. Not to mention the wsm is rarer to find on CL. Sounds like both of you will be happy so that's a win-win!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2014, 04:29:54 PM »