Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Keith finds a yellow mbh on CL  (Read 4251 times)

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
Keith finds a yellow mbh on CL
« on: April 15, 2014, 02:42:08 PM »
So I did what I thought was best.......kept my damn mouth shut until it was safely in my trunk.  ;D

I saw the listing last night right before I went to bed and emailed immediately......figuring it was already gone.  Here were the pics from the ad

Turns out the guy fired right back and we set up a time to meet this afternoon. He had just bought the house, and the previous family left it there in the back yard. Long story short, I bugged out of work a little early and drove an hour in the opposite direction of home in this East coast shit of a storm today to go get it.  It was totally worth it.  It has a few battle scars, but is really in pretty damn good shape considering the age and location. Need to find myself a triangle, ash pan, and a proper set of wheels. I'm really looking forward to getting this baby cleaned up.  Just got it home about an hour ago.  Some pics as she sits

Little ding in the lip of the lid

-Keith

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Re: Keith finds a yellow mbh on CL
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:50:52 PM »
Nice find. I emailed on that one 20 minutes after it was posted, it was about ten minutes from my house. Never heard back. But I am glad it went to a good home. I can't wait to see it cleaned up.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 02:55:35 PM »
great score!!

and those blue wheels are the tits!!!! #keepthem

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 03:17:37 PM »
Nice find. I emailed on that one 20 minutes after it was posted, it was about ten minutes from my house. Never heard back. But I am glad it went to a good home. I can't wait to see it cleaned up.

I knew it had to be close to you, and I considered asking if you would be willing to pick it it up for me.  I also didn't want to miss out on it due to logistics if something didn't work out.  When the guy responded right away and asked if I could pick it up the next day, I just jumped on it.  It's going to have a nice pampered life from here on out.  It will be be my special goto cooker for those nights that involve a few buds and brews

As far as the wheels go, they are horribly unstable. That might be fixed with a proper axle.  It may be a temporary fix until I can get the period correct setup on it though
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 03:19:59 PM by OoPEZoO »
-Keith

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 03:20:11 PM »
Nice score! The training wheels are funny. ;D

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 03:27:04 PM »

I knew it had to be close to you, and I considered asking if you would be willing to pick it it up for me.  I also didn't want to miss out on it due to logistics if something didn't work out.  When the guy responded right away and asked if I could pick it up the next day, I just jumped on it.  It's going to have a nice pampered life from here on out.  It will be be my special goto cooker for those nights that involve a few buds and brews

As far as the wheels go, they are horribly unstable. That might be fixed with a proper axle.  It may be a temporary fix until I can get the period correct setup on it though

I am definitely glad  you grabbed it.
A Wonderful Family!!!

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 03:54:04 PM »
Nice score. Someday I hope to have a yellow kettle all my own.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
great score Keith! One of my grails...
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »
Awesome Keith!!! That's a beauty
And very well played
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 04:22:13 PM »
Wow, great find.  Get a triangle on that grill before the leg sockets get damaged any more! 
Kettle collector AND cooker!

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 04:34:39 PM »
Nice score Keith!

I agree with jeff, put a triangle on that thing stat!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »
That appears to be in fine shape.  :)
Great score, and a great story!  8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2014, 05:04:41 PM »
No worries on the leg sockets guys. They appear to be in good shape currently, and the legs were only in there long enough for me to snap the pic. The bowl is now comfortably resting on a moving blanket in the garage
-Keith

Bosibus

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2014, 05:27:52 PM »
Good grab man!  Another grill for the MD crew.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2014, 05:48:27 PM »
The ash pan and triangle can be stolen off any grill.  I actually bought brand new ones to go on my yellow....

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X