Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: performer ash catchers  (Read 2655 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Re: performer ash catchers
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 10:11:38 AM »

I prefer the look and built quality of the squeeze- on ash catcher  but find the older type to be easier to use but with a catch. The ash catcher that weber used just before the transition to the current ones are of lower quality than the older versions. The ring and ash pan were flimsier and therefore easily prone to being bent out of shape. Also  on the older version, the ring is slightly larger in relative to the ash pan making it much easier to install/ remove. 
If using a kettle with a table, try installing the handle under the bale side.  All 7 of my grills are performers  and i have the ash catchers installed as such. I find it much easier to manipulate.

JV

That makes so much sense!  Half the time I have to take some baskets or other grilling accessories out from under my performers so I can get the ash pan in and out.
I'm short but it makes it easier especially for taller people. You also gain storage space underneath.

JV

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »
I have had both types and ended up putting my 2011 twister onto my new 2015 MT. I like the black pan with flat bottom and the twist works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

@vwengguy that is a very nice Smoke MT.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2017, 10:40:24 AM »
;-) Thank You !  That’s my Baby, my big cooker.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2017, 03:03:39 PM »
I prefer the older as well.  Do the newer ones loosen up a bit and break in?  I would think those with arthritis would have a tough time to squeeze.   

itzyoboipaul

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 07:57:36 AM »
I hate the new squeeze style

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app