Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Found me a fire pit  (Read 1788 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Found me a fire pit
« on: May 10, 2016, 11:25:25 AM »
Saw it on Craigslist last night and picked up today at lunch. A little rust on the legs but the center section had never even been used.

It was actually a very sad story. The woman's husband had passed away a few weeks ago from lung cancer at age 55. He had never smoked a day in his life. She is now selling a bunch of stuff since she's moving closer to her kids. She was the sweetest lady and she started tearing up when she told me how her husband had spent time cleaning out the fire pit. My mother-in-law is currently suffering from cancer due to a lifetime smoking so this really hit me.  :-(

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

j05hua

• Smokey Joe
Re: Found me a fire pit
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 11:37:02 AM »
Nice find and a sad story. You helped her out.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Joshua
the smoking mormon

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 12:17:40 PM »
Nice/bummer.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 12:30:24 PM »
Nice pick up.  I'm sure it was hard for her to let go of something her husband enjoyed.  I'd imagine she felt better knowing you'll care for it, as he had.
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 12:57:28 PM »
Congrats!  What a sweet pickup.  Looking forward to finding one of those one day myself. 
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 01:09:46 PM »
It was a good thing you did by taking the time to listen. Probably helped her by just talking a little.Im sorry to hear about your in law. My dad was the same way. Sucks, but is what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 05:18:42 PM »
Nice fire pit!
Treat it well.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 05:39:47 PM »
Nice find!  Sorry to hear about her husband.  I have one of those that I bought new and have never used yet.  It was the last one in the store at the time and they were sold out everywhere.  I'm going to try and use it at some point.

Wayne

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 05:57:25 AM »
nice find, hope she knows it will be put to good use,  sorry to hear about your mother in law.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 07:43:03 AM »
Nice find. Cancer sucks, lost my mom that way, sorry to hear about your mother in law.
May The Smoke Be With You!

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 11:45:29 AM »
Yes, Cancer definitely sucks!  I'm sorry if I bummed everybody out, so lets all just drink a toast to the recently departed Weber lover.  I'm guessing he would have wanted it that way.  :D