Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I have seen the glory and I've gotta rant  (Read 6058 times)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: I have seen the glory and I've gotta rant
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2012, 08:53:32 PM »
It looks like its sitting on that rafter. The cable goes through the bowl. It may also be wired to the ceiling to keep it from falling down.
It would be awesome to get one of those replicas, but I doubt anyone would give one up.
I bet they only made a few hundred or so. Probably for the top selling stores.

And here is the pan that Jeff was asking about. I really don't see a US market for them..

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=203614364&storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&ci_sku=203614364&ci_kw=%7bkeyword%7d&kwd=%7bkeyword%7d&cm_mmc=shopping%2d%5f%2dgoogleads%2d%5f%2dpla%2d%5f%2d203614364&ci_gpa=pla
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2012, 10:28:02 PM »
Awesome find! That motivates me to check into more hardware stores, never know what is hanging around.  There is an Ace store in Atlanta that has a unused Princess Cooker hanging from the wall.  It is not a Weber, but a cool old grill anyway.  I will take some pics next time I am there. 

Weber introduced a lot more accessories for 2013.  Everyone is holding on to their Weber's longer, so why not accessorize them.  The ebelskivver seems to be more for the European markets.  Both the Danish and Swiss teams had one at the Jack this year.  I think the Swiss team was melting some kind of cheese in it.   
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 10:33:03 PM by reillyranch »

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2012, 07:01:54 AM »
Hi guys, So i decide to see if I could find out if they do make these and if so how to get my paws on one. After a couple of calls to Weber I got transferred  to Mark the v.p. of customer services. He said he didn't know but would see what he could find out and asked me for my number with the promise of a call back with more info!  ;D its worth a try right?
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2012, 10:24:02 AM »
And Mark called back to tell me that all-thou they do have the ability to produce these still that they don't any more that they only did few in the nineties as awards and for the corporate office.. and of course I told him that there are a number of us that would love to see these reproduced not only from our site but also many on the Weber Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/weberbbq he said he will pass it on :-\ here's hoping
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:06 AM »
Thanks for inquiring for all of us!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2012, 11:35:24 AM »
Double that thanks! Thinking ahead, what would YOU pay for a repro-original? Personally, I would go $450 or so.  BTW, what's with the black? I assumed the original was unpainted silver. (And maybe they all rusted away as a result.)

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2012, 12:04:48 PM »
Im not sure I'd drop 450...something less than that.  Maybe 200.  Now if it was red...thats a different story!
Kettle collector AND cooker!