Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: MT flipped over  (Read 4843 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: MT flipped over
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 12:52:18 PM »
That sucks man, i had the lid on my green one i got from Dazzo blow off and get it's first chip.  :(
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 01:23:13 PM »

I'm sorry Ron, But...

...green's the color of spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like a mountain
Or important like a river
Or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder why wonder
I am green, and it'll do fine
It's beautiful, and I think it's what I want to be

Dude, relax your chicken.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2014, 07:49:08 PM »
Damn, that would make me shed a tear.  I'm thinking that is why the master touch is no longer sold in the US... could easily start a fire with hot coals in it.
Uncommon sense seeker

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 08:15:40 PM »
Damn, that would make me shed a tear.  I'm thinking that is why the master touch is no longer sold in the US... could easily start a fire with hot coals in it.

This is an excellent point. I've never thought of that.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

AnakiMana

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 09:51:25 PM »

I dunno, have you seen all the warnings of imposing death in the Weber's owner's manuals? They even tell you that you could die if you don't wear protective gloves when handling a hot WSM. Seems to me they would just leave a new warning in the manual to cover their arses.

That gets me thinking, though. We could put weights on the bottom shelf or stake it down if cooking on a wind-threatened day. Weber aught to market something like that... Except they don't sell MT's in the U.S. anymore anyway.

Sent via smoke signals from my Weber kettle

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 03:34:38 PM »

I dunno, have you seen all the warnings of imposing death in the Weber's owner's manuals? They even tell you that you could die if you don't wear protective gloves when handling a hot WSM. Seems to me they would just leave a new warning in the manual to cover their arses.

The warnings help in a product liability suit, but an inherently dangerous design could still land you in court, at least here in the U.S. Of course, they still use the lid bale on the 26er, so perhaps they are willing to chance it on a light selling product.
Uncommon sense seeker

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 05:27:43 AM »
Sorry to hear about the damage, man I hate it when things like that happen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG