Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Been a good weekend  (Read 2765 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Been a good weekend
« on: September 01, 2013, 04:55:09 PM »
Yesterday I able to clean Pre-70 Kettle, Please correct me If i'm wrong. Last night a OTG hit late on CL picked that up this morning. Cleaned a MT I picked up a couple weeks ago and restored. Picked up some new S/S hardware, added an H-clip sweep and modified a ash catcher assembly for this Green EZ. I had to take tin snips and shorten the tabs, as the old style leg holders have smaller holes. Tomorrow?  :o

G

• WKC Ranger
Re: Been a good weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 05:37:55 PM »
Nice work gl.....you have them lookin' like new.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 05:55:13 PM »
Thanks G! I try, The two blacks you could eat of off. The green, bowl is fine, gave up on the inside lid for now...

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 07:11:35 PM »
Really nice job Greg.  (And such a beautiful backdrop!)
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Been a good weekend
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 07:30:21 PM »
Lookin awesome! I especially like that MHB. I take it there is no patent # on that one? You have a great collection!

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 07:39:32 PM »
Lookin awesome! I especially like that MHB. I take it there is no patent # on that one? You have a great collection!

Thanks BS, The MH is a BBQ and does have a Pat#. My 26 is a BBQ and a Pat# Pending, this MH has to be just after. It is the wheels that are throwing me off...This Old Guy cleaned up easy. The MT, I will have to try the overnight in a bag method...

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 07:45:17 PM »
Greg-
I've had VERY good luck using the "an hour or so in the hot sun in a bag" technique.   The hotter the sun the better.   I cleaned up the "Homer" SJ last week in all of that heat we had.  Needless to say, it went quick!
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Been a good weekend
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 07:46:46 PM »
Wow, that looks clean! Do you have a shot of the wheels? I had that problem with one I picked up and I finally concluded they were replacements. Also, do you have small tab bottom vents?

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 08:04:38 PM »
Wow, that looks clean! Do you have a shot of the wheels? I had that problem with one I picked up and I finally concluded they were replacements. Also, do you have small tab bottom vents?

It is large tab vents. Cleanest ventsI have ever seen. All stop tabs in place and not one bent.
I just seen a Brown posted with these wheels and I have two 18 BBQ Kettles with these.
Maybe I just didn't notice they were on the 22's till I got this one.
First old black I have that is not faded, know oil needed.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Been a good weekend
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
Man, that is sweet. A few of us have that same combo, wheels included. That particular setup should put it between1975-77 ish.  The color on that is amazing!  I am partial to the blacks myself. I think they look classy, kinda like a tuxedo. 

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 08:24:29 PM »
Man, that is sweet. A few of us have that same combo, wheels included. That particular setup should put it between1975-77 ish.  The color on that is amazing!  I am partial to the blacks myself. I think they look classy, kinda like a tuxedo.

Thanks TBS, for some reason I thought it was older. I have five different vent types of MH's...They confuse me, can't figure out what year they actually are...I just know they are Pre-79... :o

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Been a good weekend
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2013, 10:54:34 PM »
Looking great GL! Those cleaned up nicely!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 05:40:11 AM »
You should be proud of that work - they look stunning!