Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looking to buy another 22... Help me ID this thing....  (Read 1532 times)

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
Re: Looking to buy another 22... Help me ID this thing....
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 03:37:00 PM »
Okay so it came home with me today. Quite a drive just for a Weber and some accessories, but it was a good day with the wife...

I scored a date code EZ which apparently is 1998, looks to be the economy model as it has 3 daisy wheels on the bowl. Overall it is in fair to good shape. A couple of small dings from being dragged into and out of the garage. THe lgs are a hair loose, but not awful. Pretty sure I can snug that up  It's not like a collectible model or in primo shape, so I am likely just going to mod it with some set screws and a lid thermometer. It's definately used, but pretty clean, the grate has hoop style handles instead of the squared off ones like the newer grills, and the grate material is a touch thicker, but not to the same scale as the hinged grate which I will be buying for this...

WIth the daisy wheel arrangement6, not sure why it has an ash pan, but it does.

It came with a tool hanger, a condiement hanger, and 2 wire coal basket / wall thingies for indirect cooking. He also had what appeared to be a full bag + of Kingsford blue bag, all jammed into one bag. Probably 20lbs of charcoal in one bag.

I probably overpaid at $50.00, but with the accessories, I figured it was a reasonable deal, just not an awesome bargain.

The guy I bought it from had gone 100% propane with a smoker box. Easier yes, but the flavor difference at least to me is HUGE...

I have both 22s warming up right now, will cook some more ribs tonight, and do the elotes since I have the sooking space now!

I know no pics or it didn't happen, well sorry, my phone battery died, I will post pics most likely tomorrow...
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
Re: Looking to buy another 22... Help me ID this thing....
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 04:59:09 PM »

And here it is doing what it was meant to do...

3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.