Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grizz's Grill Gazebo  (Read 2237 times)

Grizz

• WKC Brave
Grizz's Grill Gazebo
« on: August 11, 2016, 02:09:17 PM »
First, thanks Troy for getting my access back to the forum!  I was starting to go through withdrawals this last week!  I had been eyeing this grill gazebo on Sears since January and watched as the price kept dropping.  Once it hit 399 I pounced.  PAIN IN THE BUTT!  Right out of the box, two of the cross bars wouldn't line up.  Customer service was out in CA so I dealt with them for a week.  Finally said that replace pieces would be sent in about six weeks.  Ok, I'm old enough to remember when anything you ordered took 4 to 6 weeks for delivery, no big deal.  Instead of just sending me the cross bar that was off, they sent both pieces.  Good thing because the part I needed arrived jutting out of the box at a 45 degree angle.  Oops the fedex guy says and a claim was filed.  Tried going back to customer service but got tired of waiting for the replacement part to the replacement part to show up and I broke out the drill.  As it turned out I had to use the drill quite a few times to widen existing holes to get the bolts through.  The other problem was getting the end bars attached to the front and back crossbars which were splayed out, but I used a ratchet strap to pull them in until I could get the bolts in.

A few headaches, yes, but I'm actually loving this thing.  It's nice to be able to grill without worrying about the weather going south.  And I love the counter space it adds and the storage space on the shelves under the counter.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: Grizz's Grill Gazebo
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 02:16:25 PM »
Very nice!  Did you build that patio to match the outline of the gazebo or was that pre-existing?

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 06:26:03 PM »
That looks great!  Have you been able to cook under it and give it a spin yet?

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2016, 01:03:41 AM »
Very nice!  Did you build that patio to match the outline of the gazebo or was that pre-existing?
A smaller version of the patio was already there, I just had to add an extra row to accommodate the gazebo.  Oh, and there are thin metal bands welded between the legs with holes in them that were designed for the ground stakes that came with the kit.  I used concrete screws and washers to anchor it to the corner pavers.  I zapped them with matte black rustoleum to match the rest of the metal.

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 01:09:21 AM »
That looks great!  Have you been able to cook under it and give it a spin yet?
Oh, yes!  Way to hot lately to cook inside so everything's been done on the grill.  Of course, ain't it the way; hasn't been raining once when I go to grill.  I've gone out to check and it does stay dry under a straight up/down cloud burst though.  Only the shelves that hang over the roof have had any standing water on them.

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2016, 03:53:24 AM »
That looks pretty nice.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2016, 04:06:31 AM »
Nice look there!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Grizz's Grill Gazebo
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 05:38:11 AM »
Hey, that's cool Grizz! Looks like you could put some bar stools on either side when you're having get togethers. Turned out great!

Only problem I see is where are you going to put the other kettles?! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2016, 06:08:39 AM »
Nice, I like that a lot.
May The Smoke Be With You!

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2016, 06:23:03 AM »
Lol, didn't think about that, Travis....