Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I'm in a pickle  (Read 4452 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: I'm in a pickle
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2015, 02:39:05 PM »
Or … Or … Look the other way and make a table out of wood like Greg did ……

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2014/03/12/weber-crate-barrel-performer-wooden-table-mod/
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

brettbrown

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2015, 08:21:30 PM »
I got the metal table from Weber. Sweet little upgrade and happy with my decision. Thanks for the info. Now I just have to wait to get reimbursed! 

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 06:15:16 AM »
 Looks like an insurance scam to me ....my wife has been in commercial insurance for 20 plus years , I've heard all kinds of story's like this .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 08:39:33 AM »
I would politely ask him to fix or replace the performer with out causing more damage. If you want to replace the table to salvage the performer I would let that be known. That should be a cheaper option for the company. If he is unable to fix/replace the grill without causing more damage I would reach out directly to the owner and explain the situation. I don't know what his angle is but I would not feel comfortable causing more damage. Maybe he just wants to make sure the grill seems 100% broken so he can justify to the owner he needs to replace as opposed to fix but on the other hand that is unethical and should not need to happen.
Hotty Toddy!

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 08:41:36 AM »
Looks like an insurance scam to me ....my wife has been in commercial insurance for 20 plus years , I've heard all kinds of story's like this .

I am not in insurance and this may be a dumb question but do you really think a landscaping company would make an insurance claim for a grill that costs less then $500? I could see if they damaged something of more value like part of a home or car but a grill?
Hotty Toddy!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
I'm in a pickle
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 09:56:33 AM »

I am not in insurance and this may be a dumb question but do you really think a landscaping company would make an insurance claim for a grill that costs less then $500? I could see if they damaged something of more value like part of a home or car but a grill?

Which is exactly why I think it's a scam , damage the grill more and file a higher claim , most claims under $1000.00 go unchecked . Pay the hurt party their end and pocket the rest , happens all the time.

Or the landscaper is thinking the damage amount is not going to be higher than his deductible and insurance won't pay at that point.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 12:57:10 PM by Idahawk »
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs