Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is this kettle worth the pushback that I'm sure to get from the wife?  (Read 4290 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
I'm pretty sure it has a bowl handle broken off.

Good eye!

It's not assembled properly, and in the first pic, there is a large blemish on the bowl. Bargain the price down some more.

I'd still get it. It's all about the 3 R's.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
Thanks guys, just sent a message to the wife. We'll see how she reacts! lol
Better to ask for forgiveness than for permission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ;D
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Did they definitely have 2 handles on that model?
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Looks like the Handle is gone, maybe they have it ?

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

This IS the prime directive !

"Get it already
      Get on that shit
   Won't take no for an answer
   I'm feelin fruity"

~>  Golly
    February 17, 2013

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger

I've never seen a MBH that didn't have handles on both sides of the bowl.  Looking at the pics, I believe that avacado is in the same age range as the yellow one I have (early-mid '70s).  Two rivets in the handle, small tab on the upper vent.  I believe that the large "blemish" on the lower bowl you see in the pics is where the missing handle used to be attached.  Its in the perfect spot for it if you compare the pics side by side.

Honestly, the main reason I was going to pick it up was so I could get the legs, wheels, triangle, and twist pan to put on my yellow MBH.  Then I was going to try and pass the avacado bowl onto someone else who wanted it.
-Keith

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
I'm torn. I don't NEED it. I want it because it is unique. It isn't really close to me either. It's an hour away and I don't really have much time to get it...maybe I should hold out for a nicer one when it comes along...
-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

Bman

• WKC Performer
It's now at 25 bucks.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
How does someone not have this by now? $25?!?!? Get on it!
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod

I've never seen a MBH that didn't have handles on both sides of the bowl.  Looking at the pics, I believe that avacado is in the same age range as the yellow one I have (early-mid '70s).  Two rivets in the handle, small tab on the upper vent.  I believe that the large "blemish" on the lower bowl you see in the pics is where the missing handle used to be attached.  Its in the perfect spot for it if you compare the pics side by side.

Honestly, the main reason I was going to pick it up was so I could get the legs, wheels, triangle, and twist pan to put on my yellow MBH.  Then I was going to try and pass the avacado bowl onto someone else who wanted it.

This sounds like a win-win situation to me. Go for it!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
If this is available this weekend I may go on a road trip.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
I sent an email first thing this morning and made and appt with the seller for Saturday morning.
-Keith

truckertrash

• WKC Brave
Haha i just yold my wife..well your not gonna leave me over it! Seems to be working....so far

Craig

• WKC Mod
Glad someone got it. A Cado is a Cado. Any of the fruits are worth the effort when they come up. Plus they would be easy to move if you can't or don't want to keep it.