Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Is this kettle worth the pushback that I'm sure to get from the wife?  (Read 4283 times)

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
:)

It isn't in the nicest shape but I've never seen one this color for sale "locally". I'm in talks with the seller and it is still available. I'm just not sure this is the one I should try to talk my wife into letting me get. I'm considering compromising and telling her I'll sell my newer OTG to make room for this one. Thoughts?

-2012 Black Performer-2006 Green OTG-2009 Q Gasser-

AngelB

• WKC Brave
Short answer: yes
If the wife is not cool with it then pass it along to someone else. Keetle karma will be on your side and the next one will be even sweeter.

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
I'm with AngelB. Grab that beauty. If your better half is adamant that it cant stay you will have no problem offloading it to a fellow member.

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

wyd

• WKC Ranger
When I saw the price drop I was ready to go pick it up with the new lower price but I like the brownies so passed on it.  The original price was much too high but the new lower price really had me close to buying this one.

Tim I hope you make out with it.  You don't have many grills at all so it would be nice to have one old school Weber along with your new Weber.

Brian
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Never think the price will go lower or worry if the wife will be pissed, just grab em. That's what the Chicago guys do all the time, even if we have no intention on keeping them. You can always trade or sell another kettle to make room for the "rare" ones.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Thanks guys, just sent a message to the wife. We'll see how she reacts! lol

G$

• WKC Performer
Get it.

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
I would grab it for the price they are asking now. It's a haul for me especially since I only get 17mpg.

vader06

• WKC Ranger
Get it.  Save it. 
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
Lol. She said I can get it but I have to do diaper laundry for 2 weeks! LOL

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
I've been watching it since the day it was posted and debating if I should call on it.  Originally, the high asking price was my excuse.....then the price dropped.  Now, I'm just telling myself that it would never get used and I already have too many kettles and projects sitting around.  I hope it finds a good home.

Note......I'm pretty sure it has a bowl handle broken off.
-Keith

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Lol. She said I can get it but I have to do diaper laundry for 2 weeks! LOL

One of the joys of being a Dad - sooner or later you'd do it anyway    :o   
Plus now you get a kettle    8)

Dude, relax your chicken.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
I've been watching that too. I say grab it. It will clean up nice.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Tim in PA

• WKC Ranger
I've been watching it since the day it was posted and debating if I should call on it.  Originally, the high asking price was my excuse.....then the price dropped.  Now, I'm just telling myself that it would never get used and I already have too many kettles and projects sitting around.  I hope it finds a good home.

Note......I'm pretty sure it has a bowl handle broken off.

Hmm...really? I'm not sure I want it if it isn't complete...I'll ask them.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
I'll take it if you don't want it...
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X