Weber Kettle Club Forums

Grill Talk => Weber Kettle Forum => Topic started by: bear on November 25, 2016, 01:39:04 AM

Title: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: bear on November 25, 2016, 01:39:04 AM
I am not a collector, but I appreciate a rare and beautiful grill.

Ever since I learned that the blue GA existed, I have been searching for one. I knew of some folks that had one, and I thought I would have to be very patient and very lucky to have the opportunity to get one.

Back story: after I acquired an almost NIB Homer smokey joe (not sold in Australia) by accident, I jokingly asked Hogsy and Golly if they were willing to trade their Blue GA for it.

I was surprised to hear and never thought it was possible, that a keen collector such as @hogsy would part with his only blue GA, for a grill he already had one of!

I'm glad that I asked him for 2 reasons,

1. I was going to start grilling on the Homer but it probably belongs in a collection being in the condition it was in. Whilst I was pleased to get it, for me it wasn't a treasure or "grail" so after thinking this through, I was happy to trade.

2. I love my blue, and got the treasure!

Anyway, back to the subject heading. My first cook on the 'New To Me' blue GA. I grilled a couple of large rump steaks over some lump, sliced them up and had them with some grilled bacon, fresh tomato & lettuce on toasted rolls. Mmmmmm

(http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/sttab77/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_182755_zpsj61brscv.jpg) (http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sttab77/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_182755_zpsj61brscv.jpg.html)(http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/sttab77/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_183053_zpsgyxkncuc.jpg) (http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sttab77/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_183053_zpsgyxkncuc.jpg.html)(http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/sttab77/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_183140_zpspfk6on7e.jpg) (http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sttab77/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_183140_zpspfk6on7e.jpg.html)(http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/sttab77/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_183342_zpsopctemw0.jpg) (http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sttab77/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_183342_zpsopctemw0.jpg.html)(http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/sttab77/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_184039_zpswklqzsa2.jpg) (http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sttab77/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_184039_zpswklqzsa2.jpg.html)(http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/sttab77/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_190100_zpsqc0pioau.jpg) (http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sttab77/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20161125_190100_zpsqc0pioau.jpg.html)
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: Garvinque on November 25, 2016, 01:41:50 AM
Love that blue, and great looking steaks!
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: captjoe06 on November 25, 2016, 04:12:28 AM
Verrry nice!
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: Mr.CPHo on November 25, 2016, 04:32:29 AM
Awesome story, so cool to see a blue GA.


Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app (https://siteowners.tapatalk.com/byo/displayAndDownloadByoApp?rid=91018)
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: stellato1976 on November 25, 2016, 07:22:08 AM
I love the blue
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: Erich on November 25, 2016, 07:45:41 AM
Great looking GA.  Never seen any but black.

But dude, anybody with a weber table and a massive weber sign is a collector.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. :)
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: LightningBoldtz on November 25, 2016, 08:22:07 AM
Did you cook that with the bottom vent closed?  If so was that on purpose?  Nice grill BTW
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: charred on November 25, 2016, 09:00:00 AM
sooooooo jealous of that blue! (and the red ones...are there green ones, yellow ones???)
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: MacEggs on November 25, 2016, 11:06:14 AM
That is a gorgeous blue CGA.  Handy table, too.  Man, those are some huge steaks.


Quote from: charred on November 25, 2016, 09:00:00 AMsooooooo jealous of that blue! (and the red ones...are there green ones, yellow ones???)

It's the brownie (http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/brownie-go-anywhere-found/) one that gets my attention.
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: greenweb on November 25, 2016, 12:29:15 PM
That is a special GA for sure. Nice cook on it!

It reminds me of the exact same blue color limited edition WSM. Possibly the only one is USA.

If I can get GA or WSM in that Blue or Red, which I have seen both in,  I will buy them in a heart beat.  Same goes for the new 26" kettle.


Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: varekai on November 25, 2016, 05:51:09 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh  Maaaaaaaan!!!!!!!THAT is cool!
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: bear on November 25, 2016, 07:29:14 PM
Quote from: Erich on November 25, 2016, 07:45:41 AM
Great looking GA.  Never seen any but black.

But dude, anybody with a weber table and a massive weber sign is a collector.  Admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery. :)
You made me laugh Erich, and maybe you're right. However I cook on my grills, none are for show: I have 1 x GA for small cooks, 1 x JJ custom for camping, 1 x 22 setup with the roti and 1 x SSP for every day use.

I have no intention to purchase any more grills unless I'm upgrading what I already have.

Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: bear on November 25, 2016, 07:38:33 PM
Quote from: LightningBoldtz on November 25, 2016, 08:22:07 AM
Did you cook that with the bottom vent closed?  If so was that on purpose?  Nice grill BTW
No, they were open. What made you think that? Are my vent dampers upside down?

(http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t562/sttab77/20161126_150152_zpsou0koc4l.jpg) (http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/sttab77/media/20161126_150152_zpsou0koc4l.jpg.html)
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: MacEggs on November 26, 2016, 05:51:03 AM
Quote from: bear on November 25, 2016, 07:38:33 PMAre my vent dampers upside down?

It will still function fine in the above position, but yes, I believe they are.
I made the same realization earlier this year when I acquired one.
Cleaned it ... re-assembled it .... then ultimately fixed it.  :D
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: Erich on November 26, 2016, 06:49:52 AM
Quote from: bear on November 25, 2016, 07:29:14 PM

I have 1 x GA for small cooks, 1 x JJ custom for camping, 1 x 22 setup with the roti and 1 x SSP for every day use.

I have no intention to purchase any more grills unless I'm upgrading what I already have.

All mine are cooked on as well.

I have a black GA for camping,
A Black Performer for everyday use.
An H code Black with a pizza que attachment. This was a housewarming gift to me from my Parents.
Lastly, a Pat Pending Redhead that my parents bought new in 1970.  This one gets cooked on during parties where I need more capacity.
Otherwise its just a pretty face.
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: bear on November 26, 2016, 04:03:40 PM
Quote from: Erich on November 26, 2016, 06:49:52 AM
Quote from: bear on November 25, 2016, 07:29:14 PM

I have 1 x GA for small cooks, 1 x JJ custom for camping, 1 x 22 setup with the roti and 1 x SSP for every day use.

I have no intention to purchase any more grills unless I'm upgrading what I already have.

All mine are cooked on as well.

I have a black GA for camping,
A Black Performer for everyday use.
An H code Black with a pizza que attachment. This was a housewarming gift to me from my Parents.
Lastly, a Pat Pending Redhead that my parents bought new in 1970.  This one gets cooked on during parties where I need more capacity.
Otherwise its just a pretty face.
You may be right though, because if we hang out here, we're probably collectors of some sort
Title: Re: First cook on my NTM Go Anywhere
Post by: Travis on November 26, 2016, 04:59:50 PM
Beautiful. Nice job all around fella's.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk