Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Parts Price Increase  (Read 4106 times)

G

• WKC Ranger
Weber Parts Price Increase
« on: December 07, 2013, 07:30:46 AM »
Just an FYI......I just took advantage of free shipping and ordered some parts from Weber this morning.  I was a bit shocked at the prices being quoted which in some cases was almost twice as much as in the past.  I asked the CS person and she said that Weber re-evaluated their pricing structure for parts in October and felt that some were underpriced.  Apparently they haven't increased prices on replacement parts for years. 

Big B

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber Parts Price Increase
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 08:52:41 AM »
That sucks.....well I quess that means our grills are worth more right? ;D

Brent
Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 09:32:38 AM »
Yeah, I noticed some big increases as well this week.  That's a real bummer.  Hopefully the sweet deal on the charcoal baskets is still in place.
One of the charcoal people.

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 11:48:24 AM »
^ You mean the slotted baskets?  Do you have a part number? 

I really don't like the UI of Webers site.  It's clunky and hard to use.  Ereplacementparts site is so much easier and straight forward to use.  It's all there; models, schematics and pricing.
WTB 18 fruit

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:37:22 PM »
yeah, the newer slotted baskets made of stamped metal.  If you order the pair in the fancy box, you pay 18 bucks, but if you use #62423, you pay $3.75 per basket.  Or at least that used to be the sweet deal. 

BTW, the number for the old-school wire-style baskets is #960080.  They used to be about 16 bucks for the pair.

I don't like the Weber site either-- I always call the 800 number and talk to someone.  Though as has been noted, your mileage may vary.  I get the best results by calling later at night-- folks then seem more knowledgeable and helpful.  My theory is that newer folks and trainees work during the day, but the senior people work after hours when all the managers have gone home. 

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 03:26:29 PM »
^Thanks!  You know, I looked up that part (62423) on ereplacementparts and they are currently $9.42 but I don't know if that's for a pair or each.  I swear they were cheaper on ereplacementparts too, not that long ago.  Maybe everyone's Weber prices are going up?  I think I may stock up on some parts.
WTB 18 fruit

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 03:56:52 PM »
Yeah, that's prolly the price per basket-- they must have closed up that loophole. 

I feel responsible, since I have purchased about 6 sets of baskets for myself and my friends over the past year or two, and the CS people were always surprised at the savings.  It seemed a little wasteful too, since they packaged up each individual basket in its own heavy cardboard box, then put those boxes in a larger box to ship. 

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2013, 04:11:46 PM »
So I just got off the phone with Weber CS and ordered a few things.  I gave them the 62423 part number for the baskets and they quoted me $8.40 each, so yes, prices have gone up.  I said I would pass because I really don't need them now.  When I hesitated, he said he'd throw one in for free so I got two for the price of one.  Thank you Weber CS! 
WTB 18 fruit

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2013, 05:31:05 PM »
Son-of-a-bitch....  Likewise, I just placed an order with Weber after scaling down my list.  I called earlier today to place the order, but ended up just getting prices on everything.  Had to re-evaluate the projects & material lists.

Some of you might remember the Summit Gold D I scored for free a few weeks back.  I printed out the ereplacement.com schematic & price list to start the order list.  At that time, ereplacement had the flavorizer bars ($120) bottom panel ($43.48) large control knobs ($2.09) small control knobs ($1.69) igniter kit ($66) Appliance Factory had the igniter kit ($49)

Armed with this baseline pricing, I called up Weber.  If everything was in the ballpark, I'd order it plus a bunch of other crap.  Their pricing went like this - flavorizer bars ($195) bottom panel ($104.90) large & small control knobs ($5) igniter kit ($75.30)  To make matters worse, things like little door bushings are now $5 from Weber when ApplianceFactory was $.49 (out of stock)  I wanted to order 2 replacement door magnets for my Silver C because they rusted out.  Nope, have to order the entire door to get the magnet.  I wanted a replacement ash catcher handle for my SS Performers.  Not at $9.30 each handle.  I'll paint my rusty ones instead.

I ended up placing 3 orders - Grillparts, ApplianceFactoryParts, and Weber.  The only reason I placed an order with Weber is because I needed a $5 side burner gas tube for my Silver C I couldn't find at the other sites.

Going back to ereplacement, they also HIKED their prices following Weber. --- Their flavorizer bars went from $120 to $219.32, bottom panel $43.48 to $117.70, control knobs $2.09 & $1.69 to $5.61, igniter kit from $66 to $84.49. 

THIS, may have just ended my gasser flipping hobby.  Even the freebie Summit I picked up will have quite an investment in parts.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 05:33:38 PM by Bman »
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 05:51:31 PM »
That'a a bummer, Bman.  Really incredible price hikes across the board!

I can just see us all many years down the road, talking about the good old days before '13, when replacement parts were practically free and fellas could pick redheads out of backyards like so many tomatoes.  I'm sure the kids will be rolling their eyes at us...  ha

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 06:52:16 PM »
Bman, I just got jabbed on my order too. Cannot even purchase rollers for the performer baill bar. Have to purchase the assembly. Performer Therm assy, separate parts now, for over $20. I should have not of waited... I could have ordered over a month ago the parts I needed for performers and my 5000, for a little over $100, not it is to the sky. ereplacements has done the same... Some parts still not as high as Weber.

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2013, 03:43:04 PM »
A reply on my thread at TVWBB ---

From a post by Chris I saw that Weber was shipping parts/items free for orders placed by Dec. 8th. I have a few kettles and thought this would be a good time to get a couple stainless steel hinged 22.5" grates and called Weber to place an order. I ordered this same grill grate - part no. 3070784 in mid July for $29.99 via their website.

I tried to order on the website again a few days ago and that part no. no longer comes up hence my call to Weber to place the order. I was told that the part is now $60. Yes; that's right. Harumph! I did tell the customer rep that I ordered it less than 6 mos. ago and it was $29.99. To Weber's credit (or more specifically this young lady) she told me she would lower the price to $30.50 on this order - I bought 2 at that price.

Maybe they were losing $ on these parts before. Anyway, I like the SS grill grates more so than nickel plated ones.

Ok; I'm jumping down from my rant box.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2013, 03:55:43 PM »
Another guy went to order the new 18" WSM lower cooking grate w/ handles.  Quote -

(P/N 85042 for the 18"). I backed off when they told me the price was $46.96. I'll continue to use the original one or make the U-bolt handles for under $10.00.