Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What is wrong with this kettle?  (Read 1050 times)

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
What is wrong with this kettle?
« on: November 30, 2013, 12:31:03 PM »
First, I'll tell you what's *not* wrong...  Give Bman another star, because he saw this on CL and alerted me in time for me to be first in line!  An 'O' code redhead in decent shape and with a newish leg/wheel set, along with a tool holder and a nearly-new Weber chimney for 15 bucks?  Ten minutes from my house?  Oh, yeah, I'll take that all day long. 

(Original owners, and the nicest couple.  Retired and moving to Portland, OR, and needing to sell off their much-loved kettle.  They were happy to see my excitement, and not too weirded out by my attention to detail re: the age of the kettle, the new lower end, the replacement hinged grate, and the date code stamp.  Even when I'm trying to act all casual, the geekery shines through my facade.)

But there's something not right about this, and it took me awhile to figure out what was 'off'.  Y'all will prolly figure it out much faster. 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:33:11 PM by mike.stavlund »
One of the charcoal people.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: What is wrong with this kettle?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:43:41 PM »
18.5 leg set (with inverted triangle) on a 22.5?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 12:45:14 PM by MartyG »

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 12:55:33 PM »
DingDingDing!!

Marty, you have spoken with wisdom and expertise.  Your prize will be a slightly-used 18.5 lower end with slightly-bent leg tubes. 
One of the charcoal people.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 01:19:12 PM »
Good donor legs for a Gummi-mod short-stack traveler. I've been wanting to do one of those!  ;D

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 07:04:41 PM »
Nice looking redhead!  I kinda thought something was off with the ashpan being up a little higher than usual.

Well done Marty ... But, you didn't form it in the phrase of a question ... sorry, wrong game ..  :-[ :-X ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.