Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Family Picture day  (Read 1699 times)

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
Family Picture day
« on: November 19, 2013, 04:25:31 PM »
I have been here for a minute or 2 and never posted pics of the family.

Grandpa is up 1st. The grizzly old bastard still cooks with the best of them. Even though he has new shoes and is missing 2 bottom vents. LOL

Next is everyone else. The MUTT performer in foreground, Grandpa hiding, and the other 2 are on the table awaiting light surgery.

Any one have a charcoal grate for a smokey joe they would like to donate to science?

kako5256

• WKC Brave
Re: Family Picture day
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 05:18:06 PM »
Is that your backyard? Sweet!
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 05:21:31 PM »
Is that a uds as well? Thanks for sharing, show us some food!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:13:25 PM »
I have been here for a minute or 2 and never posted pics of the family.

Grandpa is up 1st. The grizzly old bastard still cooks with the best of them.

Nice pics and grills, Jimmy! The grizzly old bastards are my favorite ones to cook on! When its black cooker night, I've got a shiny 2012 OTG with an added lid bale and lid thermometer that almost always stays benched in favor of my '74-'75 graphite-grey faded black 22. Love that old cooker!  8)

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 07:44:49 PM »
Is that your backyard? Sweet!

That is my front yard (ish). I am kind of standing by my front door, the house runs perpendicular behind me. To my left is the lake that is in a miserable state. 25 feet low currently. Used to be lake front.

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 07:51:56 PM »
Is that a uds as well? Thanks for sharing, show us some food!

The "uds" you see is the science experiment. I found an AD smokey joe and I have a few 15 gallon grease drums....almost a larger version of a mini WSM and a smaller version of a UDS.

A smokeyminiUDSjoeWSM. If you will. It is 3/4 of the way built. There is only 2 of us and my fullsize UDS is way to much. So it just sits next to the 6 burner gasser.

The black kettle on the table is the sacrificial lamb. I robbed the legs, wheels, triangle for the MBH. I am currently fighting the sweeper handle, Trying to remove it so I can use it on the MUTT performer.

Not to worry the sacrificial lamb will go to a good home. It will have legs but no wheels or triangle, and no sweepers. My sister wants a charcoal grill. All she does is the basics i.e. burgers, hot dogs, chicken. There is no need for temp control. The kettle may sit more than anything. 

kako5256

• WKC Brave
Family Picture day
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 08:52:22 PM »
What color is the mutt bowl! Nice family! I'm glad your family loves science!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

jimmy_dong

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2013, 10:35:55 AM »
What color is the mutt bowl! Nice family! I'm glad your family loves science!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The MUTT bowl is red. The guy I bought it from swapped bowls from his SS performer because the sweepers rotted out. I tried to talk him out of the lid but it was a no go.

I just replaced the sweepers today with the kit out of the sacrificial lamb kettle. Along with extending the wires to the ignitor.