Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally received the Budwiser Smokey Joe - Damaged  (Read 4006 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: Finally received the Budwiser Smokey Joe - Damaged
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 08:03:48 AM »
A chill just went up my spine as I just suffered through a case with Ebay Buyer Protection - and I was the seller. Sold a nice older Denon turntable to a guy, who described exactly how he wanted the thing packed and shipped. I got stiffed out of some shipping cost as the estimator on Ebay sucks, and I bought extra materials per the buyers detailed instructions. The thing was packaged perfectly, and the guy even said it came through unharmed. A couple days later he claimed (via Ebay Buyer Protection) that the turntable did not work and demanded his money back. I filed a claim with UPS, and they determined that nothing happened in shipping. Of course, by that time, Ebay had frozen my PayPal account until the case was resolved. Not cool. I suspect the guy swapped out a few parts from mine into one he already had, or more likely dropped it, (a week after he had it he sent me a note to say "did you notice that it looks like it got dropped?",  and gave me back a lemon, but Ebay simply gave him his money back without considering my side of the story. I suppose I could appeal, but I don't need the aggravation, and Ebay would have given me a black mark on my sellers rating for even asking. I will never sell vintage electronics on Ebay again, and I'll think twice about selling anything on Ebay given this experience.

OK, I'm done...serenity now...

That sucks, Marty. eBay/Paypal are EXTREMELY buyer friendly. That's why I have no qualms paying with paypal but go to lengths to sell via other methods. Not to even mention the fees they take
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
Re: Finally received the Budwiser Smokey Joe - Damaged
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2013, 08:11:48 AM »
If that's the case, then I'll be out 35-40 bucks shipping the chair and grill back. Live and learn if that happens. I don't think I'll buy a grill again with out being able to pick it up.
Bill    Looking for a Yellow