Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Does anyone else think this should have been offset instead of centered?  (Read 3565 times)

kako5256

• WKC Brave
I have been using my sear grate and griddle in an offset orientation. Seems to make better use of the limited real estate and easier to control indirect temps.  I may just use this orientation with a regular solid or hinged grill but save the centered one for a wok.
Any suggestions?

If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
I agree. I have just been setting it right on top like you have there. Makes it a lot easier with limited real estate. ...but then again I have only been using the 26 since I got it. So much easier to cook on.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Duke

• The Duke
I think weber was more interested in how it looked than performed. I agree, it never worked for me in the middle either.

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Does anyone else think this should have been offset instead of centered?
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 05:44:35 PM »
I liked mine in the middle while using the baskets for the charcoal. I used the hinged doors to adjust the baskets to where I wanted them.

If you are not using the baskets, I agree it would work best like you have it.

Craig

• WKC Mod
So far I only have the sear grate, which I have used in the middle. I only use it for thick steaks once in a while. But when I use the paella pans, which I now use often I always have them off to one side. I agree with you and will more than likely do the same with the griddle if I ever get one.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Oh and that's a nice cado you got there!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
I agree. I have just been setting it right on top like you have there. Makes it a lot easier with limited real estate. ...but then again I have only been using the 26 since I got it. So much easier to cook on.

Sounds like your not minigrillin anymore........maybe maxigrillin...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Aawa

• WKC Brave
I don't mind it being in the middle.  I just put the food on a circular area around the sear griddle/sear grate. 
* 2011 Touch and Go Performer * 2009 Touch and Go Performer * 2005 Touch and Go Performer * Sublime Smoke Ugly Drum Smoker * 2012 Mini WSM *

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Lol! Maxigrillin indeed. I'm gonna do the double 26'r offset soon. I went by crate and barrel outlet near my work and they had an unpackaged return sear grate on the "last call" discount shelf. Picked it up for 8.99. LOL! I saw it sitting there and didn't think twice. I'm still looking for ableskiver pan tho. Don't want to pay regular retail.

kako5256

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2013, 01:20:59 PM »

Lol! Maxigrillin indeed. I'm gonna do the double 26'r offset soon. I went by crate and barrel outlet near my work and they had an unpackaged return sear grate on the "last call" discount shelf. Picked it up for 8.99. LOL! I saw it sitting there and didn't think twice. I'm still looking for ableskiver pan tho. Don't want to pay regular retail.

Pics when you do the double. I want to be part of the 26er family!!! Soon... Very soon!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

Bman

• WKC Performer
Re: Does anyone else think this should have been offset instead of centered?
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2013, 02:14:28 PM »
I don't mind it being in the middle.  I just put the food on a circular area around the sear griddle/sear grate. 

What he said.  I made a charcoal ring that's the size of the opening and like having it centered.  But, offset wouldn't have bothered me either.

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

kako5256

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2013, 02:42:34 PM »
Beautiful wing array!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2013, 03:21:00 PM »
Wingaway!! Ring away... Wing array. Geez o Pete.. Tongue twisted

mrbill

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2013, 06:29:51 PM »
Wingaway!! Ring away... Wing array. Geez o Pete.. Tongue twisted

just say Purdy! cuz that's what it is.
Seeking New York Giants MT For A Price That Won't Break My Bank

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
That's a really cool pic. You can see how the radiant heat cooks at the edges faster.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791