Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Mini ranch?  (Read 1692 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Mini ranch?
« on: June 29, 2017, 09:44:01 AM »
I'm thinking about selling the performer to build a mini ranch. I have plenty of 22's. I can live without ga. I do like the cart and storage and would miss that.

Question, how many of these are around, who all has one?  Also, why is it that nobody mounts a handle to the front of the lid?  It seems like it would make sense unless there's something I'm missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
Re: Mini ranch?
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:53:11 AM »
I think there are 5 or 6 of them, between here and over at TVWBB.   Not sure if it was on a MiniRK, but I remember seeing a front handle added on to a 26'er.    Life has been busy here and I haven't gotten around to finishing my mini just yet.    Still need to take the cart back apart, trim one of the leg frames down an 1/8th and put it all back together using pop rivets this time instead of screws.

One thing I am still considering is having the bowl oriented like one in a Performer, so that the lid bale would be on the side instead of the back.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
I finished mine in January and love it.  The cart is super smooth to wheel around.  Just read up as much as you can from the people who have made them.   I asked questions from guys here and on the bullet and got a lot of great tips and advice. 

I do not have a handle in the front and have had no problem handling the lid.  Just measure and check your measurements a lot before you drill!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »
I have a mini ranch a absolutely love it, I didn't build it though @zavod44 did
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Mini ranch?
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2017, 04:06:41 PM »
Thanks guys I'll read through the build threads. I think a mini ranch would greatly improve the functionality and convenience of my 26

I will keep the lid bale to the back like normal. I loathe hate and detest the performer side opening lid bale.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 04:08:55 PM by HoosierKettle »

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 09:00:43 PM »
Mount the front lid handle from the 2 table One Touch Platinum if you want to better use the lid bale in the back. Good luck!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791