Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: My First Redhead....  (Read 2050 times)

gunner

• WKC Brave
My First Redhead....
« on: November 04, 2013, 04:40:06 PM »
My first Redhead arrived on my doorstep today! I have to thank Harris92 (for offering it up and shipping it) and also thank this awesome forum. I have had a hard time finding a red and the WKC forum helped me get one! Thanks fellas! I can't wait to put her together this weekend! My wife said I have to cook something spicy on it....She also said.."oh look, it even has wooden handles...."  ;D

kendoll

• WKC Ranger
Re: My First Redhead....
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 04:48:34 PM »
Ooooh and its a MasterTouch! Very nice, congrats!

Nice work Stephen, the WKC comunity comes through again.

(no mention of the NFL Edition or Simpsons SJ's that seem to have photo bombed the shot?)

Ken
Willing to trade first born for: *Ranger (any colour) *Westerner (yeah right)

*Imperial (Glen-Blue) *Brown GA

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 05:27:11 PM »

(no mention of the NFL Edition or Simpsons SJ's that seem to have photo bombed the shot?)

Ken

Haha!! The photo bomb wasn't on purpose, that is my Weber work space in the basement...thanks for noticing though!! I love those SJ's...

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:58:51 PM »
Red MT = best weber out there IMO. I once had another WKC member help me get my first reachead and it was a master touch red, he told me he thought it was one of the best to have and now that I have one a completely agree, I think you to will soon think this way! The reds just seem to capitvate me when I cook on them and bring a smile to my face. Also think they took me to a whole other level of weberitis.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
My First Redhead....
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 07:56:15 PM »
Awesome red MT!! Congrats! My MT has become my go to grill. I love it.
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

JayCee

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2013, 11:05:17 PM »
Great work to all involved. Very nice example too, looks well looked after. I have to agree with Mikey regarding the Red MT's although I'm a bit biased having 3 myself.

gunner

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 08:45:02 AM »
Thanks everyone! I am really excited to get it cleaned up and get it cookin. As you can see the damper is pretty smoke stained. Can I use 0000 steel wool on it to clean it up with out scratching the lettering/stamp code? Or is that a bad idea?

KettleAddict

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 01:02:57 PM »
That's a great red head. I picked up a Red MT a few weeks ago and haven't ha d a chance to cook on it. I must warn you the reds are addictive. I picked up 3 in 4 weeks after I got my first.

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
My First Redhead....
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2013, 01:20:45 PM »
Good job Stephen. WKC is the best.
A Wonderful Family!!!

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2013, 01:29:16 PM »
Congrats Gunner - can't wait to see it put together.

Harris, nice assist.