Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: big real estate cook pics.  (Read 1519 times)

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
big real estate cook pics.
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:16:05 AM »
Im sure most of you have a general idea about the massive real estate on a 26 but I had no clue.  I saw a 22 and a 26 sitting side by side at the hardware store but was unsure i needed that huge space in the 26'r.  Boy was I wrong.  Im finding that the 26'r is easier to cook on.  I can place the coals in another area code(my bad for sticking with jargon) and Im not using any more charcoal than on my 22.  So if theres any lurkers on the fence about picking a 26'r up or going with a 22...Id say go big.  I personally think I would have done just fine with a 26 as a first grill. 

A pic of my pizza stone on the 26'r then the 22

a shot of sunday night cook.  I think thats a 14 inch lodge cast iron pan. A sear grate and a weber upright chicken roaster Im using for marble potatoes.  And some apple ABTs

Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

kako5256

• WKC Brave
Re: big real estate cook pics.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 07:27:39 AM »
But I've always told myself bigger isn't always better. Something tells me, getting a 26er will help me with my self esteem issues. True?
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 07:39:12 AM »
But I've always told myself bigger isn't always better. Something tells me, getting a 26er will help me with my self esteem issues. True?

at least when servin up the hot juicy meat to the ladies
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

kako5256

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:29:31 AM »

at least when servin up the hot juicy meat to the ladies

Well said!!!
If it's a weber, I can't pass on it. That's my sickness! I hope I am never cured.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 01:28:44 PM »
I have been using the 26er almost exclusively since I got it.  I will use it again tonight in fact.  I agree, the real estate can make things so much easier, and I absolutely love it.

I will say, however, that it does take either more fuel or produce a lower temp at the same amount of fuel.  This is not suprising of course, and also not a huge deal, but i can tell for sure that I use more charcoal in the 26.

EDIT:
Here is another example of the real estate.  I did a few things on the grill Sunday.  At this point, the grill made a rack of ribs and 4 pounds of wings look puny!  (FYI I used the orange sriracha sauce on the ribs and it was terrific)

« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 01:40:40 PM by G$ »