Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber cart....kinda  (Read 4383 times)

KevinT

• Smokey Joe
Weber cart....kinda
« on: October 19, 2013, 11:16:12 AM »
Hi all!

Was thinking about builidng a cart and/or side tables for the WSM/gasser/kettle but realized what I really needed was just a little table top to put food, spices, plates, utensils, etc during a cook. Wanting to keep somewhat of a Weber theme, I found an old Genesis 3000 on Craigslist and decided to adapt it to my needs. Some of the wood slats were not in the best condition and took a lot of wood putty and deck stain to look good. The frame was in good condition so did not re-paint it. The side burner is like new so it stayed. Couldn't find a stain to match the orangey color of the original slats so went with a rustic red. Thinking I might remove the side burner and put a jumbo joe in its place. I plan to store my smoke wood in plastic containers on the bottom shelf.

Hope you like the pic as much as I enjoyed the little project!

Still have some 3000 parts left including a good redhead lid...cheap to a good home

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Weber cart....kinda
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2013, 12:04:19 PM »
I like that! I looks great. I can see a project like that being added to my long list of projects.

Duke

• The Duke
Re: Weber cart....kinda
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2013, 12:08:59 PM »
Nice work!

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 12:40:07 PM »
I have all those parts readily available and might need to do the same. Also comes with an extra red lid...;)

Your table looks great!!!!

The propane burner could be used as a charcoal starter..,
WTB: Genesis Jr.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 04:56:20 PM »
Very cool! It looks super long without the gasser. Are you going to mount a performer kettle on the left side one day?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

KevinT

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 05:12:17 PM »
Thanks for the nice comments....

A vintage or retro Performer setup was the original vision on this. I think the gas side burner will get replaced with a jumbo joe or 18" kettle. Just have to figure out a "gold" type ash catcher. 

One nice thing I didn't mention is that I got a cover with the 3000 that was in great shape so I can cover the new table.  Not bad for a $25 CL pickup and about $20 in paint,hardware, etc.

Just wish I could find a good home for the lid and other parts that are in pretty good condtion. Dont have much storage around here and they might go to the curb on garbage day.

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »

A vintage or retro Performer setup was the original vision on this. I think the gas side burner will get replaced with a jumbo joe or 18" kettle. Just have to figure out a "gold" type ash catcher. 

One nice thing I didn't mention is that I got a cover with the 3000 that was in great shape so I can cover the new table.  Not bad for a $25 CL pickup and about $20 in paint,hardware, etc.

Just wish I could find a good home for the lid and other parts that are in pretty good condtion. Dont have much storage around here and they might go to the curb on garbage day.

There are other BBQ sites that feature weber gassers. I acquired parts from tvwbb ages ago. I've always had the weber itis it's just matured into kettles and we'll this sites got fewer %#}<€<#^
WTB: Genesis Jr.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 05:38:51 PM »
I like it, very nice.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2013, 05:46:20 PM »
That looks like it will be really handy. The side burner too. I may have to look for a really cheap Gasser now. Finally found a use for one;)

blackdog043

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2013, 06:13:58 PM »
Thats nice!!! A smokey or jumbo joe would work good where the burner is.
I was at a sale today and told my wife, I should buy the gasser that was there and make a cart out of it.
Bill    Looking for a Yellow

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 08:27:32 AM »
The side burner does a great job of lighting charcoal chimneys.  I actually added one to my smoker cart of awesomeness (before I had a performer).

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 08:33:09 AM »

Kevin, the 18.5" came in a gold version with the ash catcher if you weren't aware. They can still be ordered separately from various sources.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791