Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tuesday Night Dinner on the 26'er  (Read 3971 times)

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
Tuesday Night Dinner on the 26'er
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:35:46 PM »
My Lovely Bride wanted something big for dinner tonight, so the XC and I did stuffed chicken breasts and the grilled version of Hasselback potatoes....

the XC putting the potatoes together...

Potatoes on the grill. Red and white onion, garlic, red and green jalapenos, rosemary sprigs and salted butter. The set-up is 2 full chimneys of KB, behind the rails.

After 30 minutes we put the stuffed breasts on. Skin side down for 25 mins, then turned them to bone side down for 20 mins.

After 45 mins on the grill. The breasts are stuffed with equal parts of chorizo and gouda cheese with a little fresh rosemary. I used the skewers to keep the breasts closed so we didn't lose all the stuffing. The XC seasoned the outside with black truffle sea salt and cracked black pepper. I put a touch of shredded mozzarella on the potatoes right off the grill for a little more texture. Worked out great!

Thanks for looking!!! Slainte!
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

Thin Blue Smoke

• WKC Ranger
Re: Tuesday Night Dinner on the 26'er
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:47:04 PM »
Looks excellent!  You missed a shot of your drink.....

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Tuesday Night Dinner on the 26'er
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:50:51 PM »
Now that's a cook! That XC of yours knows her way around flavors very well. So stoked that you include her in your cooks. I thought I read she wanted to be a chef. Having her practice knife skills and understanding heat management are key skills to develop. The first three weeks in culinary school for me were pretty much learning knife skills. Understanding the grill and how to manage that heat, will easily transfer to a pan. You guys have her on the right path, she already knows more than I did when I went into school. Her future is very bright if that's the path she chooses. Keep up the great work!
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

salad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2013, 08:07:18 PM »
Lookin' good! 
WTB 18 fruit

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 09:31:28 PM »
looks excellent, i have gotta try spuds like that.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 04:49:43 AM »
Looks excellent!  You missed a shot of your drink.....

LOL!! Damn....I knew I forgot something. South of the border inspired flavors required south of the border beer. Negro Modelo was the beverage of choice!
   ~Julia Child

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 04:58:19 AM »
Now that's a cook! That XC of yours knows her way around flavors very well. So stoked that you include her in your cooks. I thought I read she wanted to be a chef. Having her practice knife skills and understanding heat management are key skills to develop. The first three weeks in culinary school for me were pretty much learning knife skills. Understanding the grill and how to manage that heat, will easily transfer to a pan. You guys have her on the right path, she already knows more than I did when I went into school. Her future is very bright if that's the path she chooses. Keep up the great work!

Thanks, Smoke! She does want to be a professional chef, like my grandfather was. Her imagination is unbelieveable and she isn't afraid to try anything. Her knife skills are coming along. She is still a tad timid with the knife but that will come around.
The best part for me is that she loves cooking with me. Thanks again for the kudos with the XC, we appreciate it!

Slainte!
   ~Julia Child

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 05:19:50 AM »
Kilted that's awesome! Sometimes I wish I would have went to school to become a chef. Never too late to start, right?
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 07:44:07 AM »
Looks great.  Never thought of doing my potatoes that way but surely looks like some I would like to try for sure.  Amazing meal.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

esq3585

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2013, 11:32:28 AM »
Can I ask what does XC mean?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2013, 11:37:41 AM »

"Executive  Chef"

.....do not challenge her to a throwdown....you'll lose !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

esq3585

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2013, 11:39:31 AM »
Nice 1 cheers 1buckie ;)

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »

The Weber Ninja is correct! She is our in house Exec. Chef, and quite frankly I think my food would be very boring without her!

Did you you post on the "Introduce Yourself" thread? If you did I missed it and I apologize for that. Anyway, welcome to this crazy, great place!! Lots of excellent info and great folks!

Slainte
   ~Julia Child

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2013, 02:22:49 PM »
Looks great.  Never thought of doing my potatoes that way but surely looks like some I would like to try for sure.  Amazing meal.

Thanks, wyd! I saw these on a post BBQMiller put up back in July, I believe. They are super easy and excellent tasting.
   ~Julia Child

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »
Kilted that's awesome! Sometimes I wish I would have went to school to become a chef. Never too late to start, right?

Never to late! We have a dear friend of the family that is 6 years older than me and she went to cooking school at 40. Now she is 51 and a private chef making great money doing what she truly loves.
   ~Julia Child