Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blueberry Slump!  (Read 2931 times)

Duke

• The Duke
Blueberry Slump!
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
I just came across this recipe and thought it would be awesome on the Weber. Check it out!

You know the phrase easy as pie? Cobblers, slumps, and crisps are even easier than pie, but just as tasty - instead of pie crust, these summer desserts are topped with a sweetened crumb or biscuit topping, meaning much less work for the chef. You can make a crisp or cobbler with almost any kind of fruit, from peaches to apples to blackberries, but at this time of year we're partial to fresh-picked blueberries.

RECIPE: Blueberry Slump
A sticky biscuit dough is dropped onto blueberries in this classic New England dessert, which is called a "slump," "grunt," or "cobbler," depending on who you're asking.

SERVES 8

INGREDIENTS
2 cups flour
1 ¾ cups sugar, plus more for sprinkling
4 ½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. kosher salt
4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed and chilled
1 ¼ cups milk
1 ½ lb. blueberries
1 cup fresh orange juice
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
Vanilla ice cream, for serving

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Whisk together flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, and ½ tsp. salt in a large bowl; add butter, and using your fingers, rub butter into flour until pea-size crumbles form. Add milk, and stir just until a moist dough forms; cover and refrigerate dough until ready to use.

2. Heat Weber or oven to 400°. Bring remaining sugar and salt along with blueberries and citrus juices to a boil in a 12″ cast-iron or enamelware skillet over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove pan from heat, and using two tablespoons, portion and form chilled dough into 2 to 3″ oval dumplings, and drop them evenly on top of the blueberry mixture. Sprinkle dough dumplings with sugar, and transfer skillet to oven; bake until biscuits are cooked through and blueberry mixture is reduced, about 25 minutes. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream, if you like.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 08:59:41 AM by Troy »

Troy

• Statesman
Re: "Slump"!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 08:53:49 PM »
Fahhhhhhhhk.

That looks so good right now.

Larry Wolfe

• WKC Brave
    • The Wolfe Pit
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 09:26:34 AM »
I agree, PHUCK ME!  So that's a slump??  Never knew what it is!  Now I want one!  That looks incredible!
Larry Wolfe
----------------------------
The Wolfe Pit Blogspot

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 05:42:24 AM »
Damn! That looks like it tastes stupid delicious!!  8)  I'd like to do one of these!

Craig

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 03:44:10 AM »
Made this last night on the performer.  It was awesome.  Since we are out camping I didn't make the biscuits but bought some instead.  Thanks Shaun I will be making this again may try peaches next.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2013, 09:19:07 AM »
Bump to increase interest in the new consolidated recipe section!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791