Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SS Performer on America's Test Kitchen  (Read 1342 times)

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
SS Performer on America's Test Kitchen
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:12:19 PM »
I imagine I'm not the only one here who has watched America's Test Kitchen. While I commend ATK on their choice of grill, has anyone else ever noticed how badly the lid is dented? Someons must have dropped it on its handle. You'd think a TV show of that magnitude could spring for a new lid or, alternately, Weber would comp them one.

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: SS Performer on America's Test Kitchen
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 12:33:41 PM »
I watch that show a lot - Cook's Country too. I've learned a ton, and enjoy the grilling segments. I mentioned a while back that we've stayed at the farmhouse where they film Cook's Country in Rupert Vermont. (They rent it out when they are not using it - I highly recommend it. Mrs. Kimball  handles all the arrangements.) Had a blast! Full use of the main kitchen, but not the "back" kitchen. (fun to see all the lights and such they leave hanging around.)  Although I presume they had the Weber Kettles locked up in the barn, the DCS gasser was available to use and I did put it to the test. It's a hell of a gasser! They have always given top marks to Weber kettles - like that is any surprise to us. The basement had a huge stack of Kingsford in it - makes you wonder how many grills they fire up when they are in full test mode.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 12:46:25 PM »
Marty, didn't you once post a photo of you in the ATK kitchen?  That was so epic.

I don't watch that show as much as I used to, but I do love it.  Really smart innovations and tricks they share on there.  And yeah, they love the OTG, Performer, and WSM, giving them top marks in their tests. 

My sister in law sent me a box recently-- 10 years of bound copies of Cooks Illustrated, which completely blew my mind.  I mean, talk about information overload!
One of the charcoal people.

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 03:44:46 PM »
I watch that show a lot - Cook's Country too. I've learned a ton, and enjoy the grilling segments. I mentioned a while back that we've stayed at the farmhouse where they film Cook's Country in Rupert Vermont. (They rent it out when they are not using it - I highly recommend it. Mrs. Kimball  handles all the arrangements.) Had a blast! Full use of the main kitchen, but not the "back" kitchen. (fun to see all the lights and such they leave hanging around.)  Although I presume they had the Weber Kettles locked up in the barn, the DCS gasser was available to use and I did put it to the test. It's a hell of a gasser! They have always given top marks to Weber kettles - like that is any surprise to us. The basement had a huge stack of Kingsford in it - makes you wonder how many grills they fire up when they are in full test mode.

I haven't heard of Cook's Country. I have spent most of my years on the West Coast, so perhaps that's why. Way cool you were able to rent the property, though!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 04:49:06 PM »
Mike, you are correct sir! (Tonight show flashback for those old enough)

Good times!
And here's the stash in the basement:

And the gasser out back:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:50:51 PM by MartyG »