Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Need quick connect hose for performer  (Read 1443 times)

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
Need quick connect hose for performer
« on: August 19, 2013, 06:35:29 AM »
I recently picked up a SS performer for $40 and it needs a few parts. Mainly the gas assist tank. I don't have the $$$ to get a new tank right now but I do have 3 extra tanks for the genesis and want to buy a quick connect type hose to go from my tank to the performer. The man I bought it from had one he said he picked up from Ace or Home Depot. I went to Home Depot yesterday and they looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. Ace isn't to prevalent in SD but I think there are a few in East County.

I'm sure one of you guys knows exactly what I need.

I see white tape does that mean he lied to me and made one himself? I can do that but where do i buy buy the parts?

To fit on this

« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 06:46:51 AM by jamesnomore »
WTB: Genesis Jr.

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
Re: Need quick connect hose for performer
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2013, 06:38:51 AM »
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100130667?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=100130667

You need this at minimum to attach to a 20lb. Not sure about the quick connect.

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2013, 06:46:15 AM »
http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100130667?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=100130667

You need this at minimum to attach to a 20lb. Not sure about the quick connect.

Thanks,
I saw that and figured as much, it's that quick connector that's proving hard to find. I've seen a natural gas version online but how do I know it fits.
WTB: Genesis Jr.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 07:13:31 AM »
You don't need a quick connect fiiting unless thats what you have on your Genesisi.
The firring is threaded into your regulator. They make OPD fittings that will thread into it.
You may not find one in stores, but they can be ordered for around $10-12.
If you can find an old regulator hose with the fiiting, you can use that. Just don;t bypass the regulator.  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 07:43:47 AM »
AJ - that'll only work if the OP is planning to put the 20# cylinder in the SS frame.  Otherwise I'm not sure the original hose will be long enough to reach a tank sitting on the ground.  If that's all the OP is looking for, I've done this swap numerous times on gassers I've picked up and flipped/given away which were equipped with quick connects.
Link to the nut I bought from Lowes  -  http://www.bernzomatic.com/item.html?id=63

Pic of the nut

I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!