Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber products on the way... non-charcoal items  (Read 28476 times)

SixZeroFour

New Weber products on the way... non-charcoal items
« on: July 06, 2023, 09:44:40 AM »
Our rep let us know about a few new goodies on the way from Weber in the coming months...

1) They will be releasing two portable griddles (14" and 28" I believe) (17" and 22"!) in addition to the two stand alone units that were recently released. Might be a good camping type setup that would definitly have potential IMO.

2) Weber Q3200 will be retired and is being replaced by a new Q2800 model

3) Smokefire is receiving another re-vamp and may not even be called the Smokefire anymore. Apparenltly they are ditching the rear hopper in favor of the more standard side mount option used by most other manufacturers, and the genesis style flavourizer bars are being changed. Personally I think those are two of the strongest features of the Smokefire so I have mixed feelings on this change. Very interested to see what the build quality will be like on the new re-design. I really hope it’s not being trimmed down.

4) Weber Summit Gassers - Long overdue for an update! They have been hinting at it for years but apparently its actually close to becoming a reality. Pricepoint is going to be a big shock for many so I really hope they back it up with a heavier build quality than the current genereation. Currently the value is not there for the pricepoint and they are hard to sell when compared to a Napoleon PRO unit or similar. Fingers crossed!

Have a good one!

Six
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 11:36:23 AM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New Weber products on the way... non-charcoal items
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 09:56:56 AM »
Thanks for the updates Matt
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Joep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 01:09:57 PM »
I’ve seen the ‘24 genesis top of the line in person, whole new level. Very cool stuff coming. I miss the smaller traveler in your list.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Gringo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 02:53:51 PM »
Thank you for the information!

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 04:38:39 PM »
Portable griddles I’m interested in. Only reason I haven’t grabbed a 36” is because my Blackstone works just fine.

Smokefire, I’m nervous about that. Everything about the current design is why it makes head and shoulders better flavor than any pellet on the market I’ve tasted (the majority of the bigger names). It’s just better.

Summit gas, interested. I’ve been eyeing the current cook center offering, and hope they really knock it out of the park!

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 05:01:47 PM »
Cool info, thanks for sharing.  Will be fun to see the offerings!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2023, 05:58:17 AM »
Thanks!   Competition should keep them sharp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bgilbert44

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2023, 09:25:56 AM »
I can't wait to see the new Summit's! Hopefully they look closer to the Gen 1/Gen 2 era Summits. I also hope we get more colors other than just Stainless or Black.
I think I might need a bigger backyard soon...

SixZeroFour

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2023, 10:09:24 AM »
Rumor has it the new Summit gassers will also offer a top down sear burner.

bgilbert44

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2023, 10:17:58 AM »
Rumor has it the new Summit gassers will also offer a top down sear burner.
So does that make it similar to the rotisserie/broiler burner seen on Hestan Gas Grills? That one is a top mount rotisserie burner model instead of a rear rotisserie burner like the previous Summit models and most Gas grill manufacturers.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2023, 11:45:11 AM »
So does that make it similar to the rotisserie/broiler burner seen on Hestan Gas Grills? That one is a top mount rotisserie burner model instead of a rear rotisserie burner like the previous Summit models and most Gas grill manufacturers.

Yes thats my understanding.

bgilbert44

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2023, 12:59:05 PM »

Yes thats my understanding.
That sounds awesome! I hope this means they're beefing up the rotisserie itself too to support larger foods above 20 lbs.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2023, 01:41:00 PM »
Our rep let us know about a few new goodies on the way from Weber in the coming months...

1) They will be releasing two portable griddles (14" and 28" I believe) in addition to the two stand alone units that were recently released. Might be a good camping type setup that would definitly have potential IMO.

@SixZeroFour ,
Hey Matt, any updates regarding the portable griddles?
Thanks!
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2023, 10:39:29 AM »
@MacEggs

Hey Mark,

No new info unfortunately! Our rep really had hinted at the portable griddles but didn't give us much info outside of the sizes. I will try to ask for more details next time he stops in as I'm interested as well. Hope all is well!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2023, 12:20:23 PM »
Have some more news for you guys on 2024 products including a new 26’r colour! Details to follow later today 8)