Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Royal Oak Plus briquettes  (Read 224 times)

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Royal Oak Plus briquettes
« on: May 04, 2022, 07:19:50 AM »
Posting in the 26” fuel thread about the Weber briquettes reminded me to ask about this charcoal.  I can’t find any information about Royal Oak Plus briquettes.  I ended up with a near full bag of them when someone a friend of mine knows gave up using a charcoal barbecue and my friend told him he knows someone who could use the charcoal he didn’t need anymore and I ended up with it.

The Royal Oak Plus briquettes were similar to the Weber briquettes but smaller, like a miniature version of the Weber ones, and burned better than the Royal Oak Ridge briquettes that are available everywhere and I enjoyed them but when I went to try to buy some, I hit a dead end very quickly trying to find any or information about them.  Am I looking at another discontinued product here?

“Discontinued” followed by “no direct replacement” has been the story of my life in 2022 and it’s gotten old.

cdp8

• WKC Brave
Re: Royal Oak Plus briquettes
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 09:04:48 AM »
See if you can find a local source of Royal Oak Chef's Select. It is supposed to be comparable to Weber.

I'm fortunate that my office is close to a well known wood dealer that sells it.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Royal Oak Plus briquettes
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 03:50:33 PM »
See if you can find a local source of Royal Oak Chef's Select. It is supposed to be comparable to Weber.

I'm fortunate that my office is close to a well known wood dealer that sells it.
It’s very comparable to Weber.  Larger size.  All hardwood.   It’s sold only through food service distribution, though.  I get mine at GFS.  My go-to briquette.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk