Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Poll

How many Weber charcoal grills do you own?

1-4
20 (35.1%)
5-10
16 (28.1%)
11-20
8 (14%)
21-30
4 (7%)
31 +
9 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Author Topic: Is the Weber still king after 70 years? *Take the poll- How many do you own?*  (Read 1663 times)

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
Re: Is the Weber kettle still king after 70 years?
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2022, 12:07:14 PM »
3-5 kettles each

HA

[emoji16]

Has any one taken a poll of WKC to see what the average grill ownership actually is??

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
Re: Is the Weber kettle still king after 70 years?
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2022, 02:05:41 PM »
In the last 30 years, Weber has done a lot to create a broad market spectrum just within what we would call 'Kettle grills'  You can get anything from a Jumbo Joe (nee Outrider) up to a 26" or a Performer Deluxe, and the techniques are 95% the same no matter what you're using.  You can trick out your Kettle with a bunch of Weber and aftermarket accessories, or you can stick with disposable trays and aluminum foil to accomplish many of the same cooking methods. 

Even before that, Kettles were basically art pieces that you could use to create a great meal.  Imagine waking up at dawn on July 16th, 1969 on Cocoa Beach, about to watch Apollo 11 launch, and seeing a couple of guys sharing a cup of coffee while one prepared breakfast on the chromoveil Californian his wife had gotten him ten years earlier for their first wedding anniversary, while the other cooked on his red-bowled Ranger that he had just picked up for the trip to Florida.  There's no potential for that scene to have happened with any other kind of grill besides a Weber.

I think this needs to be included in your article along with an artist rendering of the event, and of course proper credit to @leeharvey418

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
@502BBQ 

Agreed, love that quote!

They have already cut my word count from 1800 to 1200 and only 3 picture!!  It would be so much easier to write 3000-4000 words with 10-12 pictures...they say brevity is the soul of wit. Guess I’m more long windy than witty. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 08:08:20 PM by reillyranch »

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
@502BBQ 

Agreed, love that quote!

They have already cut my word count from 1800 to 1200 and only 3 picture!!  It would be so much easier to write 3000-4000 words with 10-12 pictures...they say brevity is the soul of wit. Guess I’m more long windy than witty.
I would say your more passionate than windy, I could talk Weber's all day long ! @jebivswife says I'm nuts
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
I think I currently have 21 kettles. Owned about 30 or so. I keep them spread around my property so my wife only sees 2-4 at a time. I stay out of trouble that way. I’ve converted about 9 of my friends to Weber heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

502BBQ

• WKC Ranger
I think I currently have 21 kettles. Owned about 30 or so. I keep them spread around my property so my wife only sees 2-4 at a time. I stay out of trouble that way. I’ve converted about 9 of my friends to Weber heads.

Beautiful lineup!

leeharvey418

• WKC Brave
As of now, we have one positive response for owning 1-4 Kettles, and five for owning more than 30.

We are an odd lot...
2020 26" OKP; 2006 Q 200 Silver; 1997 Red Mist SSP; 2000 22” Plum OTG; and I'm gonna call it a 1975 Smokey Joe

bgilbert44

• WKC Brave
As of now, we have one positive response for owning 1-4 Kettles, and five for owning more than 30.

We are an odd lot...

Nah, we're just really smart. ;)
I think I might need a bigger backyard soon...

MANCHAS2020

• Smokey Joe
My Weber Stable consists of a WSM 18" Classic bought new in the year 2008, Weber Performer Deluxe and Weber Smoky Joe. Continue to be one-happy Weber Customer of my Weber Products which were all bought new.

MattB1981

• Happy Cooker
The kettle is so versatile, it's a joy to cook on and I've tried plenty of others.

In terms of initial starting costs vs variety, ease and quality of food you can do, there's no comparison. Sure a different type of bbq may do one thing slightly better or easier, but that same BBQ can't do the other styles as well as the weber kettle.

You only need 1 kettle to do any type of BBQ, but the addiction kicks in and 1 is never enough!

captainhook455

• Smokey Joe
I only have 1, but it's the best grill I ever had and I have had plenty. Had gas grill, electric which might as well have a frying pan on the house stove, lava rocks and a square grill. I have cooked a steak and a whole chicken reading the posts here about seasonings and what kind of charcoal to use. I have a bag of self starting charcoal that is getting lonely.

getlego

• WKC Brave
Bottom line, Weber kettles will cook anything anywhere for your family.

Darko

• WKC Performer
Yeah, that. I would just expand that to say, anything, anywhere, any time.

J_Code_Foxbody

• Smokey Joe
I would say my father and I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 kettles in our collection. Vintage & New, Cookers & Lookers.

My dad got his first kettle as a wedding shower gift in 1983, and my family has always had one and been enjoying BBQ off the Weber for decades.

Too many kettles, not enough time.
1960 Glen Blue Galley-Que K Code 18" Redhead
EO Code 22" Brownie 2019 22" Ivory...Just a few of my favs

Gill McGriller

• Smokey Joe
Weber Kettle grills were, are and will always be the king of charcoal grilling world-wide! "Nuff said.
1999 red & black Genesis, '75 red 700 Series