Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: performer measurements?  (Read 2738 times)

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
performer measurements?
« on: July 11, 2013, 01:41:08 PM »
Does anyone have the height, width and length of the frame the kettle sits in. I ask this as I am going to pick up a cheap performer that I don't know whether it is an older one or newer one do know it has gas assist. It is an asking price I cannot pass up. The seller has it in a storage unit and I am meeting them tonight. They do not know or have pictures of it to tell me which one it is. I am taking the girlfriends car as it gets better fuel mileage. Any Help is appreciated.
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Re: performer measurements?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 02:43:42 PM »
On the old performer bowl is bolted onto the frame with bolts that take 7/16 inch socket and another 7/16 to hold the nut.  Gas assist requires a flat screwdriver and 7/16" to remove.  Newer unit wants a largish phillips screwdriver and 7/16 wrench or socket.  It is harder to tell you how to remove the bowl from the frame than it is to do it  :D

I suggest taking the larger vehicle rather than the more economical one.  I borrowed a Rav4 and was glad I did.  Loaded in easy-peasy :O
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »
Does anyone have the height, width and length of the frame the kettle sits in. I ask this as I am going to pick up a cheap performer that I don't know whether it is an older one or newer one do know it has gas assist. It is an asking price I cannot pass up. The seller has it in a storage unit and I am meeting them tonight. They do not know or have pictures of it to tell me which one it is. I am taking the girlfriends car as it gets better fuel mileage. Any Help is appreciated.

It's not gonna fit in a car or wagon in one piece. Sorry i dont have access to measurements right now. Do you plan on taking it apart? I have a full size SUV and the cart barely fits in it when laid down.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 02:56:11 PM »
I seem to recall getting mine in the back of the Volvo 850 wagon I had a while back. That thing was huge. Also have had 4x8 sheetrock in there at an angle with the hatch open. I have a newer Volvo wagon now, and I'll bet it would fit. Nice big boxy opening and a square back. Great wagon!

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 03:39:58 PM »
Plan on taking it apart. My truck is a serious gas hog, so I am hoping the car will accommodate the new family member. I really hope this is a good score!
Looking for--- a yellow mbh any size, sequoia ( I know I am dreaming), avocado any size, brownie any size.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2013, 04:01:27 PM »
My new-to-me SS performer frame is 41.5" long and just under 25" wide (wheels add about 4" to that).  It stands 29.5" high (they should've at least sold a kit to get these up to counter height like most gas grills).  The bowl and lid holder adds another 10 inches to the overall length.
Uncommon sense seeker

AZ_MIKEY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2013, 07:55:34 PM »
Well went and picked up my new to me ss black performer with gas assist. It is a beauty really well taken care of. The cover is trashed and there are a few small spots of surface rust on the frame. Everything is there though and in working oder. It was listed on cl for $40 under the title bbq. The guy had it in a storage unit said it was his dads. He did not know what he had and I was sure by him saying it was a charcoal grill with gas that it was a weber. He had no pictures. Anyways he showed up at the unit and had no keys to get in. So we waited and he went and got the keys which where 25 minutes away. So he told me he would knock the price down to $30!!! Just needs to be cleaned. Date code DD Here are a couple pics from my phone's camera.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2013, 08:04:04 PM »
Looks great, Mikey!  Those wire coal baskets are wonderful, and yours look pristine!  Congrats.
One of the charcoal people.

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
performer measurements?
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2013, 08:05:53 PM »
Very nice. Looks like everything is there too. That's awesome. Way better shape than my $25 performer pick up.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 08:13:53 PM »
Well done, Mikey.  This one is miles ahead of the POS you were thinking about down here.  MILES ahead.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 08:15:13 PM »
By the way, the handle must have been replaced at some point.  You may as well splurge on an O'Neal!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 08:18:52 PM »
By the way, the handle must have been replaced at some point.  You may as well splurge on an O'Neal!

Not necessarily. They later performer ss had that style handle. You can also tell this performer is newer because of the flanges on the lid bale rollers. The older ones were plain grey tubes. Nice score!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2013, 08:20:56 PM »

Not necessarily. They later performer ss had that style handle. You can also tell this performer is newer because of the flanges on the lid bale rollers. The older ones were plain grey tubes. Nice score!

Hmmm, DD date code though?  plus, my red mastertouch (99) had flanged rollers. My green 95 did not.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 08:22:28 PM by G$ »

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2013, 05:46:50 AM »
Very nice pickup there. 
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

OGlenn

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2013, 08:08:57 AM »
Very nice indeed and for $30, the extra gasoline consumption seems to have been a wise investment.
Uncommon sense seeker