Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: B&B Interview  (Read 346 times)

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
B&B Interview
« on: June 08, 2021, 05:03:21 PM »
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
Re: B&B Interview
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 05:19:24 PM »
B&B briquettes:

99% Oak
1% Cornstarch.

Now you know.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2021, 07:17:54 PM »
All good, now if they can up their distribution….briquettes made in Mexico and not making it to the Southeast US for two months now….

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2021, 03:18:00 AM »
The briquettes are not always easy to find here also. Most of the time Ace has them. But they always have the lump, which is what the briquettes are made from.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2021, 06:08:17 AM »
I have my Ace Hardware Manager's ear and he should get back to me today.  Been using Kingsford for the past couple weeks and I can't say I dislike the results, just burns a little faster and smokes a lot during ignition.  I won't use it for low and slow though. 

Thanks for the info TX!

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2021, 06:16:43 AM »
pretty informative Thanks @reillyranch for making your busy self available and @TXFlyGuy for posting
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2021, 11:20:10 AM »
Charcoal is the last ingredient but the first flavor you perceive.  You can smell that smoky goodness long before you take a bite.  The fuel you use will affect the taste, texture and appearance of the food you cook.  Not all charcoal is made equally, quality matters!  There are a few great charcoal companies out there,  make sure you get the right fuel for you Weber! 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2021, 11:36:07 AM »
Charcoal is the last ingredient but the first flavor you perceive.  You can smell that smoky goodness long before you take a bite.  The fuel you use will affect the taste, texture and appearance of the food you cook.  Not all charcoal is made equally, quality matters!  There are a few great charcoal companies out there,  make sure you get the right fuel for you Weber!
Spoken by an expert !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Smooth Jonny BBQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2021, 10:23:23 AM »
The briquettes are hard to come by here also. When I heard that a new Ace was opening in my town, I inquired about it. The regional manager from Ace contacted me and told me that she'd work on it. About a week later she called again to tell me she had 20 bags at a store 200 miles form my town. I bought 15 of them over the phone and she delivered them to the not yet open store in my town. Excellent customer from Ace.   

DougWilsonsSlapper

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2021, 10:41:57 AM »
They came to my neck of the woods last summer at one or two retail stores.  I had to call B&B to locate the local distributor.  And it was expensive!   Now I can only find the lump, which is fine nut not special like the Briquettes, and only at one retail store.

Sent from my XQ-AS72 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MoparProud

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2021, 06:49:08 PM »
I wasn’t even aware B&B made briquettes haha. All I see here in WY is lump

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club