Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Acquired...but not b/c of the kettle  (Read 209 times)

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
Acquired...but not b/c of the kettle
« on: April 29, 2021, 11:09:55 AM »
Acquired this DO code for $20.  I don't need another kettle.  So I will restore it, including bolting on the handle, and give it to a friend.  But, the slow n sear that was inside of it?  It is in excellent condition & I am stoked about that.  It will go in my OKP and I will move my SnS+ into my Statesman.   

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/955913701834192/

I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Acquired...but not b/c of the kettle
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 11:26:23 AM »
Nice, looks like the drip n griddle too?  Good score.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 11:40:34 AM »
I would have done the same thing !! good move
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 11:46:19 AM »

Thanks @BamaKettle .  Sadly, there is no drip n griddle in there.  But when I pulled the slow n sear out of the kettle, it is clear that it has not seen that much use yet.  The seller dropped the price to $20 without my asking, well worth it to get the SnS.  I will clean up the kettle, bolt on the handle, remove one of the thermometers and plug that hole in the lid.  I have some charcoal rails that I can pop in there.  The ash bucket and the triangle are in good shape, and the ash sweeps still work.  The hinged grate looks like it is fine, some gunk but not terribly rusted.  It will make a nice secondary grill for one of my friends and I a get sense of satisfaction by keeping the kettle out of a landfill. 

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 11:46:45 AM »
I would have done the same thing !! good move

thank you @JEBIV !

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 11:59:52 AM »

Thanks @BamaKettle .  Sadly, there is no drip n griddle in there.  But when I pulled the slow n sear out of the kettle, it is clear that it has not seen that much use yet.  The seller dropped the price to $20 without my asking, well worth it to get the SnS.  I will clean up the kettle, bolt on the handle, remove one of the thermometers and plug that hole in the lid.  I have some charcoal rails that I can pop in there.  The ash bucket and the triangle are in good shape, and the ash sweeps still work.  The hinged grate looks like it is fine, some gunk but not terribly rusted.  It will make a nice secondary grill for one of my friends and I a get sense of satisfaction by keeping the kettle out of a landfill.

Nice job!  $20 for a slow n sear is less than half price.  Your friend should be pleased as well!

racedvl

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 02:17:14 PM »
I have acquired 2 sns deluxes with a used grill now. One even came with a dng...  [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app