Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: After market porcelain  (Read 2078 times)

AS in SA

• Smokey Joe
After market porcelain
« on: February 20, 2021, 04:38:45 PM »
I have a 26 inch black flat top - great grate grill - j code.  I've always wanted a primo aristocrat.  Has anyone ever had an after market porcelain job done on a grill?  Guessing it's probably not cheap - what type of business would I even look for that could do something like this?  Have been thinking about selling this grill after picking up the glen blue, but havent been able to pull the trigger - was my first "grail" picked up in 2005 or 2006 before Weber started making 26rs again.

Thundermtn

• Smokey Joe
Re: After market porcelain
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 04:44:05 PM »
https://m.facebook.com/IndependencePorcelain/

Haven't used them myself, but the pictures here look pretty darn good.

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 05:57:25 PM »
I SO want to get a black 26”, send it to independence porcelain and have them coat it in yellow..... it’s a bit of a fantasy for me.  Or a Glen Blue 18”.... So many possibilities....

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Tomhille

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 06:33:47 PM »
https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/two-tone-blue-bullet-project/

This WSM was done by an porcelain co in Southern California.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2021, 08:51:07 PM »

I think I read a post by Independence Porcelain they requires that Webers be new/unused for the them to porcelain coat them.   
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2021, 05:47:32 AM »
That sure would suck if Independence Porcelain Enamel is the only stateside option of ever getting a Glen Blue Weber Master Touch in the U.S.A., while it's being offered to the rest of the world!

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2021, 07:26:47 AM »
I could see a few good reasons for this.

1) Easier to apply a good even coat of porcelain that is less likely to chip.  I would bet that most people also don't clean them well enough and they don't want to deal with it.
2) You have less people complaining that you are making knock offs of vintage kettles in rare colors because the vintage kettles are already very difficult to find in relatively unused condition.

Either way I would recommend being a fan or subscribing to their Facebook page because they frequently post project photos of Webers, vintage stoves, Coleman gear, and more that is pretty darn cool. 

I have dreamed of getting a Ranch done, but the wife would murder me because I am sure it wouldn't be cheap at all.  I have heard the GAs and SJs have been in the neighborhood of $300 to $500 plus the cost  of the kettle.  If I had to buy a new Ranch with it I could buy a car cheaper lol.

I think I read a post by Independence Porcelain they requires that Webers be new/unused for the them to porcelain coat them.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Joep

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2021, 10:36:47 AM »

That sure would suck if Independence Porcelain Enamel is the only stateside option of ever getting a Glen Blue Weber Master Touch in the U.S.A., while it's being offered to the rest of the world!

I can sent one over from Europe but it starts with 350 euro’s to buy one and then 150 for shipping. So total in dollars would be 606 (plus import taxes. My guess is that it is still cheaper than having one redone.

So if anybody want one let me know and I’ll agent for you.

AS in SA

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2021, 03:25:55 PM »
Thanks for all the info - definitely some food for thought.  Will try and track down the socal outfit that did the blue wsm since that's where I'm located.  I could sandblast the grill beforehand.  Would be cool to purchase a new 26r and have it shipped directly to them - then only have to pay for shipping to home from them.  Could do a new generation 26r aristocrat.  Of course - probably do all that and spend 1k plus and weber would come out with one lol.  Thanks again fo all the info everyone.

Dave in KC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2021, 01:09:29 AM »

This is not accurate, but its a little cheaper.  On new product, no sand blasting is required.
Blasting it required on used product.  I had them redo a 20 year old Weber product in October.
I also had Jeff redo the brand new lid on my Smokefire in November. 

I am fortunate to work about 5 miles from there and can avoid all the costly shipping charges. 

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2021, 02:51:04 AM »

This is not accurate, but its a little cheaper.  On new product, no sand blasting is required.
Blasting it required on used product.  I had them redo a 20 year old Weber product in October.
I also had Jeff redo the brand new lid on my Smokefire in November. 

I am fortunate to work about 5 miles from there and can avoid all the costly shipping charges.
Every time I see that Red Smokefire I get excited !
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2021, 06:40:29 AM »
For a CGA it's $250 plus shipping.  Jeff is currently working on one for me.
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

harris92

• WKC Performer
After market porcelain
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2021, 03:40:59 PM »
Jeff has made a few things for me including a yellow jumbo and a custom WSM (red with white stipple),etc. Great guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 03:42:45 PM by harris92 »

kcsmokinribs

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 04:26:25 AM »
A buddy of mine hooked me up with a Joe that Jeff at IPE did.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 04:44:41 PM »
Nice work.