Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Grill Day!  (Read 975 times)

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Grill Day!
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2021, 04:02:06 PM »
Well, the lid is perfect, time to get building!

Congrats on your red LE!

Thundermtn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2021, 04:21:47 PM »
Hooray! The finish was almost perfect! Only had a very minor bit of black showing on the bowl handle.

Definitely a little lighter built than my '05, but it still looks and feels like a nice quality grill. Was hoping for "P" shaped bottom vents but no luck, wasn't sure what it would have.

Just need to spit shine the thing and I'll probably paint my hub caps before they go on. I'm REAL close to not cooking on it, just leave it out for display in the house. Lol

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2021, 04:43:33 PM »
Congrats on your new LE. It looks great, and it look as though your copilot agrees!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2021, 05:18:44 PM »
Hooray! The finish was almost perfect! Only had a very minor bit of black showing on the bowl handle.

Definitely a little lighter built than my '05, but it still looks and feels like a nice quality grill. Was hoping for "P" shaped bottom vents but no luck, wasn't sure what it would have.

Just need to spit shine the thing and I'll probably paint my hub caps before they go on. I'm REAL close to not cooking on it, just leave it out for display in the house. Lol

I wouldn’t worry about the black showing thru on the bowl handle. It will be just fine.

Let’s see your first cook. Get it dirty and some thin blue smoke rolling.

Cheers

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2021, 04:06:56 AM »
Get to cooking on that beauty !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2021, 04:12:05 AM »
Looks great, congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Bob

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2021, 05:01:50 AM »
Thanks Thundermtn, I just ordered one (from Kroger). I got a 15% discount using SHIP15 on my first order with them. I should have ordered a cover for it and gotten 15% off that also, but I was too fired up about ordering the grill. :P
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 07:49:15 AM by Bob »
a blue MT, a yellow 70th, a red 1990, 3 SJ's, 2 CGAs, a Gen II, a Q and a WSM

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2021, 05:48:02 AM »
Looking good!  I second, no worries on the black showing at the handle.  These are totally coated in black porcelain, red on top of that so you’re good as far as metal protection.  Ribs are calling!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2021, 09:20:24 PM »
So glad y'all got in on the LE action. Cook on that baby often!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2021, 03:15:16 AM »
Love my LE red. Not used so much since I got my GB but still in the rotation. Now it’s time for you to dirty it up with some food. Have fun and keep grilling.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

getlego

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2021, 03:24:55 AM »
Are these really available? I’m in the US. I have one but I banged the lid on a metal chair while cooking and porcelain shot everywhere. Not a huge deal but I put a good quarter size chip in the lid rim. It was my pride and joy. My wife said thank god it wasn’t her that did it.

I’ve been looking around for another one used but they always come up high priced. Would love to score another new in the box. My wife says we have enough kettles but I don’t think so. My LE got me back into Weber and signed up for the kettle club. Many people complain about them but I have a certain love for them. It’s an amazing looking grill.

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2021, 04:37:06 AM »
Are these really available? I’m in the US. I have one but I banged the lid on a metal chair while cooking and porcelain shot everywhere. Not a huge deal but I put a good quarter size chip in the lid rim. It was my pride and joy. My wife said thank god it wasn’t her that did it.

I’ve been looking around for another one used but they always come up high priced. Would love to score another new in the box. My wife says we have enough kettles but I don’t think so. My LE got me back into Weber and signed up for the kettle club. Many people complain about them but I have a certain love for them. It’s an amazing looking grill.

One member bought a new one recently online from Ralphs which is the Kroger family of stores so Food 4 Less, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Ralphs, King Soopers etc or just go to kroger.com they all have it for $159.99

Thundermtn

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2021, 06:28:48 AM »
That's where I got mine, there's a discount coupon too but I was in too much of a hurry to check my inbox for stuff. Pretty sure mine shipped out of Ohio, had it in less than a week including a snow day when the truck was parked.

I might not cook on it, as it was 99% flawless. Plus the wind chill is -17°, with a blizzard warning today, supposed to be 15-25mph wind and 8.5" of snow. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Bob

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2021, 11:51:17 AM »
Well, it's a red kettle day for me! Just got my new limited edition red and I can't find any defects - Yea! I hope that anybody that wanted one has already ordered it, because it was listed as "unavailable" on the Kroger website this afternoon. I may have snuck in just under the wire.
a blue MT, a yellow 70th, a red 1990, 3 SJ's, 2 CGAs, a Gen II, a Q and a WSM

bamakettles

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2021, 12:37:28 PM »
Congratulations, she's a beaut!!  Have fun......