Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Don't catch Caddywampus 2020  (Read 801 times)

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
Don't catch Caddywampus 2020
« on: January 07, 2021, 02:41:25 PM »
Thought this was worth a share. A few members have brought to my attention: @michaelmilitello
@JEBIV
@AZ2FL
that a couple of my girls (grills) as I like to think of them, are "Caddywampus."
I've heard the term before but wasn't sure what made mine caddywampus.

The last time I heard that word, was when a friend and I were installing his washing machine and we both noticed how Uneven it sat. I think I said something stupid in a poorly executed southern accent, " this here warshing sheen is wampus!" Stupid in any context. But to me, it meant when something is askew or not level. I didn't realize that when I was taking apart kettles to clean them up, I was failing to reinstall the legs in the right position to the bowl. Homer moments "D'OH"

Thanks AZ2FL \m/ \m/ for the definition as it pertains to Weber! Maybe thats a good topic; Word of the day from the "Weber dictionary."
No, that's probably plagiarism.
I now know what Caddywampus means as it relates to a kettle. Thanks WKC for educating me instead of continuing to laugh at my ignorance (idiocy) as I surely would have done to any of you.

Thanks again to the members above (way above) and for everyone else here. This group has been a fun and informative recreation the last few months!

No more Caddywampus in 2021! Put it on a bumpersticker. Just kick me some royalties. I accept pork butts and briskets or weber parts. I like my GIRLS accessorized

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Cellar2ful

Re: Don't catch Caddywampus 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 03:31:43 PM »

There is a WKC Glossary at the top of the Weber Grill Forum (Grills & Accessories) section. It is a locked sticky. It is a great informational guide to help one navigate the Forum lingo and slang tems.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=28514.0

BTW, your kettles look so much better now that the legs are positioned correctly.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

FatBottomGrills

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 03:34:50 PM »
Thanks C2Ful!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

AZ2FL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2021, 03:33:03 AM »
@FatBottomGrills
Your welcome, just trying to help a grill fellow out. Glad you have a grate sense of humor.

When I first joined the WKC, I also posted a caddywampus grill picture. It was pointed out rather quickly.

WKC is a great community of like minded grilling and collecting enthusiast. Thanks for posting your  cooks and finds.

Cheers