Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Brevel Rotti Questions  (Read 832 times)

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
Brevel Rotti Questions
« on: May 12, 2020, 11:09:11 AM »
Has anyone had any experience on getting one of these moving again?  I just picked up a Brevel model 762 that was only humming when switched on. I opened it up and the gears are pretty gunked up.  I was able to slowly but surely get them all freed and now the motor moves them all but definitely not as smooth as I'd imagine.  Any idea if I can just clean these gears up a little and get this thing spinning properly?  Thanks in advance for everyone's help and wealth of knowledge.

Chris

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 11:45:43 AM by WeberKell11 »

Kneab

• WKC Performer
Re: Brevel Rotti Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 11:55:45 AM »
Disassemble it and clean all of that funky old grease out of it and lubricate with some fresh lithium grease. It should work fine afterwards.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 12:21:59 PM »

Yep. Like Kneab said, that old grease thickens overtime and becomes sticky. It can really slow the motor down.  You have to clean it all with a cloths soaked in thinner or Goof Off.  Using a precision screwdriver (really small), you can wipe all the lube off of the gear teeth.  Once you get all the lube cleaned replace it with lithium grease as mentioned above.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 12:37:34 PM »
@Cellar2ful  @Kneab thanks so much.  I think this will bypass my other cleanups at the moment as I'm ansy to get something on the roti.

Thanks again fellas.

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 06:37:16 AM »
Cleaned up and reassembled just needs to be greased up and we'll get something spinning in no time!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 08:40:17 PM »
I'm loving this!