Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: NFL Panthers Master Touch  (Read 902 times)

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
NFL Panthers Master Touch
« on: May 08, 2020, 03:39:51 PM »
Posted a few pictures in the tease thread but finally got around to snapping some more tonight. 
Snagged this beauty last weekend.  My initial reaction was that it must've been some kind of imposter with stickers or something because I thought I remembered the NFL thread that mentioned Panthers weren't included in these.  95 was their first year and I compared the logos to others y'all have posted and figured I had to go for it.  The lady selling it was awesome to deal with but unfortunately wasn't able to pick her brain on how she came about it being that it was a no contact exchange.

First glance the bowl is warped a bit.  I'm not sure if the bowl ball trick I've read about would work like it does for dents?  I'll turn to you guys for guidance there.  She's missing the handle thermometer and holder.  Missing some lid bale hardware and roller.  Handles are pretty shot with essentially none of the "NFL Edition" lettering visible.

Everything else seems to be solid and I'm looking forward to breaking her down and cleaning it up.  First gen1 MT system for me so that's pretty cool and I believe I saw someone mention they found one of the matching SJs.

I appreciate you checking it out and please feel free to toss out some tips.

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 03:55:45 PM by WeberKell11 »

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
Re: NFL Panthers Master Touch
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2020, 03:42:27 PM »
Shoot wrong section.... Anyone know how to move my post?

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 05:51:02 PM »
Admin will do it at some point.
Shoot wrong section.... Anyone know how to move my post?

But damn  even with the bent bowl if I had available funds I'd be throwing it at the seller. In my opinion, the NFL 22s are in the top like 7 rarest webers. Legend has it there is only 10 22s per team.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2020, 06:04:45 PM »
Wow! That is a rare bird. Rumor has it they only made about 10 or so for each team in the 22 MT size. If you’re a Panthers fan you have something really special there.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Tbagley

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2020, 02:58:52 AM »
The thermometer and holder was still available a month or so ago when I was surfing some part sites, nice find.

smokeyjoe

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2020, 03:52:05 AM »
Awesome find. Now on the search for a Cowboys 22 MT.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
ISO Red Outrider.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2020, 08:52:05 AM »

Congratulations on scoring a rare grill, sought after by many WKC members.  The lid thermometer and thermometer housing are still available through either Weber or through eReplacement parts.

The lid thermometer is part #62538 and the thermometer housing is #94100.

Here is a link for eReplacements:

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/search_result.php?q=Weber+%2362538

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/search_result.php?q=Weber+%2394100
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

WeberKell11

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2020, 04:51:52 AM »
Thanks to everyone on the parts help!  Looking forward to getting it broken down and cleaned. 

Any advice on getting the bowl back to form? Thanks again!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2020, 06:14:10 AM »

For a bowl that is out of round, here is a method that has worked for me numerous times.  First off, make sure it's the bowl and not your lid that is out of round.  You can find out by placing the lid from the NFL kettle on another kettle bowl that is known to truly round.  Once the lid is ruled out, you have to find which side of the bowl needs to be manipulated.  By placing a lid that is correctly round on the bowl, you should be able to see where the bowl is pushed out (out of round).  Once you find this area, find the area 1/4 of the way around the bowl from the out of round area.  With the palm of your hand, straight arm push the inside of the bowl while simultaneously giving the inside of the opposite side of the bowl a whack with a rubber mallet.  You want to be directing the pressure and the rubber mallet strike at the top two inches of the bowl. It may take a few attempts to bring the bowl back to round but it has always worked for me with no damage to any porcelain.  Hope my explanation makes sense.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"