Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Factory Store Loaction  (Read 1497 times)

danpeikes

• Smokey Joe
    • Meat Your Vegetables
Weber Factory Store Loaction
« on: April 13, 2020, 08:22:58 AM »
Does it still exist? IS the address is: 214 S. Sellstrom, Palatine IL 60067-6266 andp hone 224-836-2742?
If so what are their hours? and are they currently open (due to corona virus)?
Looking for 22" or 26" kettles and 22" WSMs, NIB or like new in the Chicago area.
Also, looking for old Summit gas grill parts.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Factory Store Loaction
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 08:27:35 AM »
My understanding is it was to be permanently closed to the public before April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

DaveG74

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2020, 11:32:19 AM »
I can't find a good number for them online, I'll see if I can find an old receipt.
I swear, when I score a great deal on a 26" I'll stop buying grills... So often.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2020, 01:45:17 PM »
I always just search Weber store Palatine in maps and it comes up.  I was there at the end of Feb and can confirm what Beantown is saying they will be permanently closed in May they told me, however due to recent situation I can see how they could have closed shop early.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2020, 04:03:40 AM »
Why are they closing permanently?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2020, 04:58:21 AM »
Why are they closing permanently?

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

It was told to me "new management decisions"
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2020, 04:58:44 AM »
I talked to the lady there a bit more last time I was there.  At that time, most of Weber had moved out with the store & maybe parts center left, along with some other small group at another location on the property.  The Stephens family still owns the property, so I'm guessing the lease was up and either the current owners found something less expensive or the Stephens family had other plans for the property.
In any event, Weber told her they want her to move to the new location & it sounded like they might open a "temporary" store for the employees.  She indicated they were talking about re-opening a factory store that would be open to the public in about two years.  She did not appear to have any idea why so long before reopening.  To me, she appeared hopeful, but worried, about her future at the company given the store closing, while they also said they wanted her to come to the new location.  But, maybe I just assumed that is how she would feel as that is basically what I was thinking after hearing it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2020, 05:03:28 AM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2020, 10:20:14 AM »
Well, I just stopped at the factory store[emoji3064] It is now closed[emoji24]There's a sign on the door that simply says contact Weber customer support 800 number[emoji21]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere