Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Where to store 26" rotisserie?  (Read 919 times)

NurseWizzle

• Smokey Joe
Where to store 26" rotisserie?
« on: November 30, 2019, 11:57:28 PM »
I recently bought a deck box to store all my stuff. Two of them actually. 103 gallon each. Not big enough for the 26" rotisserie ring though. How do you guys store yours?
black Weber 26" with Cajun Bandit rotisserie, black Weber 22" MT with Cajun Bandit rotisserie, copper Weber 22" Premium
black GMG Jim Bowie Prime Plus
pink Humphrey's Battle Box

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
Re: Where to store 26" rotisserie?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 01:29:09 AM »
Depends on your set up.  Right now I keep a fair amount of my grills/tools in my garage where I don't have to worry about exposure to the elements so when I have a ring like that the funny thing is that just letting it sit on the grill a lot of the times is the easiest solution.  If your grill sits outside it just depends on your comfort level.  I probably wouldn't leave the motor/spit out to the elements so that is a good idea to put it in the deck box or garage.  Water just wouldn't be good for the motor and I am not 100% sure the roti spit is stainless steel.  The roti ring would probably do best either sat on a shelf/hook in the garage if indoors.  If you don't have to worry about theft you could hang it somewhere on a deck/wall outside or put it on an under shelf of your performer.  I wouldn't leave the ring on the grill if it is sitting outside unattended because that just gives a good wind more to connect with to tip your grill over. 
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 02:22:43 AM by ReanimatedRobot »
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 07:23:34 AM »
At this point in my middle aged life, storing anything is a pain in my rear.  Every space is semi organized and full. Every new item acquired requires getting rid of something or making a new spot somewhere somehow. I hate it, drives me crazy lol

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 09:08:46 PM »
I usually just park it on my 26 and then throw the cover over when it's in my garage. If I'm using the 26 and not the rotisserie...I put it on a shelf in the garage.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 04:05:24 AM »
I wish I had the problem of trying to store a 26 roti
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 04:50:29 AM »

I wish I had the problem of trying to store a 26 roti

Good point!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »
I hang mine on a hook from ceiling height.
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH