Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Secret Santa 2019 (sign up)  (Read 65937 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Re: Secret Santa 2019 (sign up)
« Reply #90 on: December 23, 2019, 12:30:08 PM »

Santa was extremely generous this year. Some great rubs and seasonings, some awesome Weber swag and what looks to be a very interesting book. Love it all. Thanks Marty and Merry Christmas!
Glad you like the goodies Mitch! I must admit I bought another mug for myself - sits at work now. Nice capacity! I paged through that book and almost kept it - not a recipe book but a history of whole hog cooking. Looked like a good winter read.

Enjoy!

Marty

What a perfect afternoon. 50° and sunny in Iowa (two days before Christmas no less) enjoying a good smoke and a beer while reading a wonderful book so kindly gifted to me. I live four days like this. Thanks again Marty!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JonesBBQ

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2019, 03:59:24 PM »
Big thanks to my secret Santa. Can’t wait to use my haul. We are headed to West Virginia in the morning to spend Christmas at The Greenbrier. Wish they would let me bring a kettle with me so I could use my gifts!

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2019, 04:06:31 PM »
Thanks you for my beer can chicken holder and rubs!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2019, 02:53:40 AM »
Big thanks to my secret Santa. Can’t wait to use my haul. We are headed to West Virginia in the morning to spend Christmas at The Greenbrier. Wish they would let me bring a kettle with me so I could use my gifts!

Merry Christmas everybody!!!

Awesome gifts, I bet the Greenbrier is beautiful at Christmas !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #94 on: December 25, 2019, 12:08:12 AM »
Package arrived yesterday... didn’t get a chance to dig into it until today.  @Kneab sent me quite a haul!  Karl, thanks a ton for the sauces, ribs, vintage grill tools, vintage cookbook, and slide-aside!  Very stoked about all of it!

I’m not sure how many of you have used “Veteran's BBQ Sauce” but I sure love that stuff. Coming from a military family when i found this sauce I needed to buy it. I’ve been using it for 1 1/2 years and love it. A Little about the company if anyone is interested...

https://veteransq.com/pages/about-us

Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #95 on: December 25, 2019, 04:53:01 AM »
Thanks for posting the link for Veteran's Q story Dan.
Love their sauces and there mission.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #96 on: December 25, 2019, 10:09:45 AM »
Dope , I have a weenie wheel too. Fun piece of kit
Thanks @LiquidOcelot Really love the NOS gifts. Wienie wheel will be used for cooking some Brats tomorrow.
And the rib rack is HEAVY DUTY. Thanks brother. Merry Christmas to ALL
Great to see everyone/s gifts. My favorite thing here on the WKC. RRR

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

nvandyke

• WKC Brave
« Reply #97 on: December 25, 2019, 01:31:25 PM »
Wow! A huge thank you to my secret Santa! I sent a list figuring maybe I’d get one thing. My Santa sent a carrying bag for my Smokey joe (which was a gift from last years Santa) and a mini chimney for my SJ. That’s the grill I have in our camper and it will get a lot of use this summer! A BBQ Dragon table for my master touch grill that i have at home. And an awesome Weber grill book. I’ve looked some stuff up online and I think I’m a decent griller...but this book has tons of great ideas, techniques, and recipes that I’m excited to try! Once again...this secret Santa program is awesome. Merry Christmas, and happy grilling to all of you!

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #98 on: December 26, 2019, 12:52:58 PM »
Christmas just got much much better! Apparently I have two secret Santas out there. The first sent me a charcoal rake, and I still have no idea who that was! The second has a name - @1spacemanspiff aka: Sydney, and a box from him arrived today - the best day to get a Christmas gift IMHO - it's like a special bonus day-after gift! Well, I'll let the picture tell the story. I asked for local rubs or sauces, and he loaded me up for a year's worth of grilling from Nor Cal! I even heard @Mike in Roseville may have had a hand in this. Right Moose? Grilled some wings with the poultry rub finished with the classic sauce in the center of the photo. This stuff is the real deal! So good. To top it off, he tells me there is one more gift to arrive yet. I can't thank him enough!

Thanks to the organizers, and to all the members who participated. Nice way to close out the year.

Marty
Retired

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2019, 08:08:28 AM »

Christmas just got much much better! Apparently I have two secret Santas out there. The first sent me a charcoal rake, and I still have no idea who that was! The second has a name - @1spacemanspiff aka: Sydney, and a box from him arrived today - the best day to get a Christmas gift IMHO - it's like a special bonus day-after gift! Well, I'll let the picture tell the story. I asked for local rubs or sauces, and he loaded me up for a year's worth of grilling from Nor Cal! I even heard @Mike in Roseville may have had a hand in this. Right Moose? Grilled some wings with the poultry rub finished with the classic sauce in the center of the photo. This stuff is the real deal! So good. To top it off, he tells me there is one more gift to arrive yet. I can't thank him enough!

Thanks to the organizers, and to all the members who participated. Nice way to close out the year.

Marty

Oh Marty, Santa has many helpers. [emoji6]

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
Secret Santa 2019 (sign up)
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2019, 07:12:25 PM »
A couple of us were late entries, but as usual, we make things work around here. This 18" Killa Grilla grate arrived today! It's my first one and I am anxious to try it out. Top shelf stuff. Thanks to Nick for the grate, and to Jim for making it all work this year.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:54:42 PM by Grillagin »

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2019, 05:21:54 AM »
Got mine last night! Excited to try these rubs. I have never heard of them but OakRidge apparently has the most wins of any other rub and they use all natural ingredients.

Big thanks to Jim for quarterbacking this year.

Lawrence your haul is on its way!

Thank you to my secret Santa [emoji318] @Shoestringshop! I appreciate it brother!!

« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 05:43:16 AM by Transit98 »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2019, 06:16:57 AM »
Thanks @CatskillSmoker for the Maple syrup and the Weber side table. Colin actually sent me three but one of them went up north already [emoji41].

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #103 on: December 31, 2019, 08:36:12 PM »
Thanks to my Secret Santa @Transit98 for the awesome gift! This package was full of goodies that were perfect for me. My cousin got married in Rochester and I stayed a few blocks away from Dinosaur BBQ. I didn’t have the chance to eat there but now I can taste their sauce. Tonkatsu is one of my favorite foods and ironically my wife was planning to cook some tonight we used the tonkatsu sauce right away. It had great flavor, a little more bolder in taste than the one we had on hand. I‘ve also always wanted butcher paper but was always to cheap to buy it.  ::) So this will be perfect for my next Costco brisket. I’ll also have fun with the disposable BBQ guru cutting board, mojobricks, and Asian Tabasco. Finally, the Gorilla glue sets it over the top. I’m partial to the taste of regular Elmer’s glue but the Gorilla glue is a decadent upgrade.  ;D. I’ll upload pics in a bit. Thanks, Shawn!

@Jeff, I’m glad you like the rubs! Did you end up using them for your Christmas Roast?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 08:38:15 PM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Transit98

• WKC Brave
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2020, 05:55:58 AM »
Thanks to my Secret Santa @Transit98 for the awesome gift! This package was full of goodies that were perfect for me. My cousin got married in Rochester and I stayed a few blocks away from Dinosaur BBQ. I didn’t have the chance to eat there but now I can taste their sauce. Tonkatsu is one of my favorite foods and ironically my wife was planning to cook some tonight we used the tonkatsu sauce right away. It had great flavor, a little more bolder in taste than the one we had on hand. I‘ve also always wanted butcher paper but was always to cheap to buy it.  ::) So this will be perfect for my next Costco brisket. I’ll also have fun with the disposable BBQ guru cutting board, mojobricks, and Asian Tabasco. Finally, the Gorilla glue sets it over the top. I’m partial to the taste of regular Elmer’s glue but the Gorilla glue is a decadent upgrade.  ;D. I’ll upload pics in a bit. Thanks, Shawn!

It makes me so happy to hear you enjoyed the package! Happy New Year [emoji312] The Katsu sauce does have some kick and the Dino BBQ sauce is a good all arounder.

And the Gorilla flue is for your next/future table mod or handle fix [emoji846]

The meal looks delicious