Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie basket  (Read 1851 times)

gmetcalf

• Happy Cooker
Rotisserie basket
« on: September 06, 2019, 08:42:17 PM »
I picked up a rectangular grilling basket that fits on the Weber rotisserie when in Denmark last year.  I’ve not seen it for sale in the states. So far I used it for grilled veggies and fish. Curious if others have one of these and what you’ve found it most useful for.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie basket
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2019, 10:59:46 AM »
If what you’re referring to is similar to this, I’ve used it to cook chicken thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2019, 11:00:21 AM »
If what you’re referring to is similar to this, I’ve used it to cook chicken thighs.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

gmetcalf

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2019, 12:52:50 PM »
Mine is similar to that.  Here's a link to the one I got (from a UK web site):
https://www.weber.com/GB/en/accessories/cooking/rotisseries/17394.html

Thighs are a good idea.  I'll try that.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:56:21 PM by gmetcalf »

Grillagin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 06:42:10 PM »
I like to do kebabs in mine.

FTTH

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 02:21:37 PM »
I use the basket for loose items and kababs too. I also add a hook and hang it from a hanging rod on my WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2019, 05:06:08 PM »
Great way to do wings, thighs, basically anything that will
fit works great.  You can stop at anytime give it a quick spray
or brush with sauce or marinade and turn it back on.
Oh yeah, it's also amazing for meatballs and kielbasa!

We have 3 or 4.

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 03:28:47 PM »
First time rotisserie cooker has questions

Sent from my moto z4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 03:34:45 PM »
Just received onlyfire rotisserie kit for 22in Weber. Rotisserie fit fine to the Bowl. Top of rotisserie does not fit grooves for lid . My question is is this normal for the only fire Lid not fit good? Thanks in advance for advice and tips like I say new to rotisserie cooking.[emoji482][emoji482]

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2020, 04:50:28 AM »
More folks will respond, I'm sure, but I'm aware that the rotisserie rings are loose-fitting by design, so fire control becomes a little bit more challenging.  In looking at your pics, it doesn't look off by much (although red looks worse than blue)? If it's close, you should be fine, especially considering the loose fit of the ring. Another thought is whether your lid is no longer perfectly round after what I would imagine would be countless uses? I'd trust the rotisserie ring to be more round since it's new - if your lid is no longer round, it won't sit well on the ring. Many on here have ways to get the lid back into round if that's the case. Good luck!
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2020, 04:31:49 AM »
The red kettle is the one I just got off of guy porch definitely not round been dropped abused. Put it on my red LE did a test burn going to be just fine thanks guys. One more question what temp should I shoot for rotisserie cooking?

Cellar2ful

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2020, 06:34:31 AM »

I always run my rotisserie cooks with all vents wide open. I don't watch or worry about lid therm temps when using my rotisserie.  I control the heat by how close I move the charcoal baskets towards the middle or almost directly below the the item on the spit. It's difficult to control the temps with your vents because of all the air leakage around the rotisserie ring. If you want charring or higher heat, move the baskets closer to the middle.  For whole chickens and turkeys, I place the charcoal baskets offset and position the bird so the legs are closer to the coals and the breast meat is further away from the coals.  For cooks taking longer than an hour, add 9 coals to each charcoal basket after every hour. 

« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 06:37:20 AM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2020, 06:50:17 AM »

I always run my rotisserie cooks with all vents wide open. I don't watch or worry about lid therm temps when using my rotisserie.  I control the heat by how close I move the charcoal baskets towards the middle or almost directly below the the item on the spit. It's difficult to control the temps with your vents because of all the air leakage around the rotisserie ring. If you want charring or higher heat, move the baskets closer to the middle.  For whole chickens and turkeys, I place the charcoal baskets offset and position the bird so the legs are closer to the coals and the breast meat is further away from the coals.  For cooks taking longer than an hour, add 9 coals to each charcoal basket after every hour. 

Sage advice, because it works!!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2020, 04:03:00 AM »
Very pleased with the outcome of the spun bird very delicious when moist. Temp ran steady at 475 .Cook time bout an hour.

Al b que

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2020, 04:07:14 AM »
Thanks for the tips on moving the baskets.cellar2full