Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Chicago meet master thread  (Read 86840 times)

Big B

• WKC Brave
Re: WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2013, 05:57:02 PM »
A big Thanks to Jeff & Jean for letting us hangout Sat.!!!!!!!

What a riot....Cool grills, Cooler People, and Awesome Food. I am glad Ted B, I, and our wives made the trip. The women were a little reluctant at first to just show up at "some guys house", 3 hrs from home......but.......As soon as we turned the corner and seen all the sweet grills outback.......guess who all of a sudden forgot they were there with their husbands...LOL....good thing is, Ted and I got the o.k. to buy one of those "Frick'n Huge Grills"(aka Ranch Kettle)...guess we better start looking.  We all had a really good time. It was cool to meat some of the members and check out some of those cool OLD grills. Also, I actually got to talk to Golly..yes Golly, all the way from Aussie....that was sweet, what are the chances.  It was also fun to hear some of the stories of where or how certain grills were acquired, some pretty awesome stories . Big thanks to Marty and Weber for the cool party pack, wasn't expecting that! A HUGE thanks goes to Troy for an awesome job on the site....I don't think we really know how much work he puts into this.
All in all a top notch day in my book, can't wait to do it again.!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that was there or on WKC that made it a Great day. Can't wait to see Gummi's pictures.....man that guy is a picture taking machine. Always good to have one of those guys around!

Brent

Wood Worker by day, Wood Burner...by night!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2013, 06:42:49 PM »
A big Thanks to Jeff & Jean for letting us hangout Sat.!!!!!!!

What a riot....Cool grills, Cooler People, and Awesome Food. I am glad Ted B, I, and our wives made the trip. The women were a little reluctant at first to just show up at "some guys house", 3 hrs from home......but.......As soon as we turned the corner and seen all the sweet grills outback.......guess who all of a sudden forgot they were there with their husbands...LOL....good thing is, Ted and I got the o.k. to buy one of those "Frick'n Huge Grills"(aka Ranch Kettle)...guess we better start looking.  We all had a really good time. It was cool to meat some of the members and check out some of those cool OLD grills. Also, I actually got to talk to Golly..yes Golly, all the way from Aussie....that was sweet, what are the chances.  It was also fun to hear some of the stories of where or how certain grills were acquired, some pretty awesome stories . Big thanks to Marty and Weber for the cool party pack, wasn't expecting that! A HUGE thanks goes to Troy for an awesome job on the site....I don't think we really know how much work he puts into this.
All in all a top notch day in my book, can't wait to do it again.!!!!!!!

Thanks to everyone that was there or on WKC that made it a Great day. Can't wait to see Gummi's pictures.....man that guy is a picture taking machine. Always good to have one of those guys around!

Brent

Brent, one of your guys' wives mentioned you need a ranch. I was there as a witness! Big kettle for Big B sounds like a good fit to me. I think the ladies' Weberitis symptoms have progressed to later stages!
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2013, 06:51:35 PM »
Gummi where's the pics?
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2013, 07:13:05 PM »
Gummi where's the pics?

Processing them now!

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2013, 07:31:21 PM »
I also bought a lime from Stu (G). Everyone who sees it loves it.

With my new grill, handles, swag, and shirt, it was a very good day. Once again it was great to meet fellow grill fellas.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2013, 07:45:59 PM »
The lime is soooooo cool looking

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2013, 08:06:47 PM »
Well I got so much stuff at the meet up, I had to make two trips to Jeff's to pick everything up, here's a look in my rear view mirror on the second trip....

oh and my passenger.....

« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:09:21 PM by zavod44 »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2013, 08:11:50 PM »
Oh and I'm not sure about this brown grill?  I don't know if it's a Happy Cooker, this one says Happy Coker?  Was this another Weber knock off?  Anyone know the history of the Happy Cocker?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2013, 08:22:48 PM »
That Happy Cooker looks like its scared sitting in the passenger seat......like its being taken on its last ride..... "please don't hurt me!" Please!?"  "I'll cook you anything"

;D

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2013, 08:27:18 PM »
Not a fan of the Happy Coker either, except if it has one of those charcoal pans!  I LOVE those....

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2013, 08:30:48 PM »
What's the best way to upload a bunch of pictures? hitting the IMG button 100x is alot of work! I am only gonna get to one camera's picture sets tonight. The other camera which has the money shots will get processed tomorrow.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2013, 08:32:49 PM »
Suck it up man!   The whole WKC Awaits!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #87 on: June 16, 2013, 08:35:49 PM »
Suck it up man!   The whole WKC Awaits!

Ok, this is how I am gonna do it. I am gonna post the pics in series. Alot of the setup and money shots are on the other camera so those will go up tomorrow. I'll post the pics of the kettles on display and people hanging out tonight. I also have a bunch of detail pics, vents, etc that can go up later. This is gonna be epic.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2013, 08:42:13 PM »
Each picture will spark a whole discussion, small batches are better....that's my opinion...

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2013, 08:43:49 PM »
Otherwise Buckie will get overwhelmed and confused...I will add to that Buckie better show up at the next meet up here in Illinois!