Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Upgraded 18 inch Weber Guinness Branded Kettle From OTS/OTG  (Read 812 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Upgraded 18 inch Weber Guinness Branded Kettle From OTS/OTG
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 08:00:17 PM »
If only they had a much lighter caramel colored bowl with the Harp logo on it, combined with that Guinness lid with kind of a foam "fade" on the top.
regards,
Hal

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 06:21:24 PM »
nice job on those handles. i love 18 OTGs!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 06:46:30 PM »
If only they had a much lighter caramel colored bowl with the Harp logo on it, combined with that Guinness lid with kind of a foam "fade" on the top.
Black and tan

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 07:16:49 PM »
Actually, a half & half - BUT maybe that is regional to where there are large Irish populations. 

In Chicago, in at least any bar worth a salt, a Black & Tan is Guinness & Bass (an English beer), whereas a half & half is Guinness & Harp.

Both Guinness & Harp are Irish beers and because the Royal Irish Constabulary Reserve Force was nicknamed the Black & Tans & were sent to Ireland in the 1920s to suppress the Irish, the Irish never refer to any beer combination as a Black & Tan. 

Black and tan

regards,
Hal

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2019, 05:34:16 PM »
Actually, a half & half - BUT maybe that is regional to where there are large Irish populations. 

In Chicago, in at least any bar worth a salt, a Black & Tan is Guinness & Bass (an English beer), whereas a half & half is Guinness & Harp.

Both Guinness & Harp are Irish beers and because the Royal Irish Constabulary Reserve Force was nicknamed the Black & Tans & were sent to Ireland in the 1920s to suppress the Irish, the Irish never refer to any beer combination as a Black & Tan. 

Black and tan

Good to know.