Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Coca-Cola P code score!!! Happy 4th!  (Read 1115 times)

idahome

• Smokey Joe
Coca-Cola P code score!!! Happy 4th!
« on: July 04, 2019, 09:30:42 AM »
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted. I look here and there on Craigslist and FB Marketplace, but nothing exciting ever pops up around me. I was looking at FB Marketplace the other night and this popped up!

It had only been posted for 11 minutes and it was super late at night so I replied and the seller was willing to meet up the next day after I got off work.

A little story behind the kettle: the seller’s dad worked for Buttrey's and, later, Albertson's for 35 years. He was one of the managers who won the grill as an incentive in the 1990s. He was apparently very proud of the grill. He passed a few years ago and they finally decided to sell the grill and she was very glad it was going to another person who would appreciate it just as much as he did.

As you can see in the photos, it hasn’t been stored the best. It has been moved around a lot and perhaps may have been stored outside, but perhaps under something covered such as a carport because the lid damper screw isn’t too rusted.

The grill is unused. Has a couple minor chips on the lid. The handles look absolutely perfect. And as you can see, the person who owned it before had taped it closed so there is some tape residue as well as some tape I haven’t gotten off yet. There’s also an area that has a few white paint marks, but it’s not very noticeable. I wanted to get a few quick and dirty pics just so I could share with you all. Still has all the documents inside as well as the original tool hanger. The ash sweep works perfectly and moves like butter.

Unfortunately the original ash catcher is nowhere to be found and I’m pretty bummed about it as I learned they are discontinued. So if anyone has any leads on a brand new 18.5 ash catcher that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg I would be delighted. I know I could covert it to the newer setup, but I would like to keep it original.

My dad is a huge Coca-Cola and Weber fan so I think I’m going to gift this to him.

P.s. I also love the subtle darker red ring around the edge of the lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:32:49 AM by idahome »

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
Re: Coca-Cola P code score!!! Happy 4th!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 09:33:29 AM »
[emoji1786][emoji1786][emoji1786]

Jealous!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 09:44:17 AM »
[emoji1786][emoji1786][emoji1786]

Jealous!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
100%

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 09:51:33 AM »
wow

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 11:01:17 AM »
Excellent find! It's a beauty. Congrats.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 12:51:15 PM »
Beautiful kettle!

In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 01:45:28 PM »
That is a difficult find especially if you got it for a fair price.  A lot of Coca Cola collectors out there and certainly a few Weber collectors.  Looks pretty cool! Congrats!
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 07:29:15 PM »
NICE!
regards,
Hal

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2019, 11:49:25 PM »
Beauty right there, always looking for a coca-cola!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 04:42:49 AM »
She is a beauty, I do believe I have a period correct ash pan @idahome I will look when I get home tonight, she's yours if I do. I'll pm you if I do or don't
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

idahome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 10:14:24 AM »
She is a beauty, I do believe I have a period correct ash pan @idahome I will look when I get home tonight, she's yours if I do. I'll pm you if I do or don't

I would appreciate that so much, JEBIV! Look forward to hearing back. And thank you so much for being willing to help me out.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2019, 11:05:00 AM »
P code should be a rolled edge  ash pan correct?
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
Coca-Cola P code score!!! Happy 4th!
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2019, 11:23:02 AM »

Rolled edge is a little earlier I think. Someone else can correct me, but I believe a P code should have the flatter pan that rests on the clips.

idahome

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »

I was trying to look at Pennball’s post from last year, but there isn’t really a closeup of the ash pan in any of the pictures.

I also noticed that on his grill, the lid handle has the Weber logo with the grill icon. My lid handle is blank but both bowl handles have the Weber logo and grill icon. Perhaps they had multiple of these and whoever put them together ended up putting the handles in the wrong place 乁( ⁰͡ Ĺ̯ ⁰͡ ) ㄏ either way just something I noticed

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2019, 11:48:00 AM »

Rolled edge is a little earlier I think. Someone else can correct me, but I believe a P code should have the flatter pan that rests on the clips.

I believe you are correct I still think I have one