Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Beautiful new ivory weird mark/stain ?  (Read 679 times)

hoochiemama

• Smokey Joe
Beautiful new ivory weird mark/stain ?
« on: July 04, 2019, 04:31:01 AM »
I was fortunate enough to be gifted a wonderful new ivory by my lovely wife!  I love it. Very strange though during the first cook (not when assembling) there appeared a very odd green mark. It is smooth to the touch and does not want to scratch off. Just tried with finger nails.

I have no idea. It was assembled then covered outside then cooked ribs. Only noticed it about midway through the cook. Any ideas what it is?

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Re: Beautiful new ivory weird mark/stain ?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 04:35:33 AM »
Idk but its kind of cool looking! If it was all over the whole kettle that would be bad ass

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 04:59:28 AM »
I would send photos to Weber for warranty.  It is either something really simple like it needs to be wiped off with something, or it is a mistake that they will hopefully correct.  I think it is too noticeable to ignore unless you just really like it because it is unique.  If nothing else you might get a back up lid.
ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

jeremiahmercier

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 05:30:13 AM »
I would send photos to Weber for warranty.  It is either something really simple like it needs to be wiped off with something, or it is a mistake that they will hopefully correct.  I think it is too noticeable to ignore unless you just really like it because it is unique.  If nothing else you might get a back up lid.
Exactly my thoughts

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2019, 05:33:04 AM »
Looks kinda like slate and spring green.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

hoochiemama

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2019, 05:48:14 AM »
Filed a warranty claim. Let’s see what happens.  Definitely seems unique and I was also thinking it looked like spring green too. Just very confused how it showed up after a couple heats. Anyways hopefully if nothing else the mystery will be solved.

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2019, 06:45:34 AM »
Filed a warranty claim. Let’s see what happens.  Definitely seems unique and I was also thinking it looked like spring green too. Just very confused how it showed up after a couple heats. Anyways hopefully if nothing else the mystery will be solved.
It could have been a spring green splatter on the lid and then it went through the ivory. It makes sense that it would bleed through and color changes are known to happen with heat.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2019, 08:43:58 AM »
Tell them you want to send it back and get a more uniform green cromoveil on there.

bbqking01

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2019, 12:53:20 PM »
Chinese gremlins, strike again...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2019, 01:28:07 PM »
Sell me the lid when you get a replacement please

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2019, 01:38:51 PM »
Sell me the lid when you get a replacement please

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I would keep it as back up. I try to be careful but they always get banged, dropped, or scuffed. When you have a new color grill and it happens you want to cry haha.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app