Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Buying first 26" Weber  (Read 792 times)

brisketandbourbon

• Happy Cooker
Buying first 26" Weber
« on: June 18, 2019, 05:42:10 AM »
I prefer the kettles over the WSM for low and slow. I sold it last week to buy another kettle this time I plan on buying the 26". The question I have is will the manifold of the Pitmaster IQ controller fit on the vent? Or does the vent damper get in the way Thanks for the help!

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Re: Buying first 26" Weber
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 05:50:25 AM »
I prefer the kettles over the WSM for low and slow. I sold it last week to buy another kettle this time I plan on buying the 26". The question I have is will the manifold of the Pitmaster IQ controller fit on the vent? Or does the vent damper get in the way Thanks for the help!
If the manifold is round where it connects to the bowl, no it will not.  You’ll have to drill a hole, which voids the warranty.  There’s plenty of room between the charcoal grate and the bowl dampers to install it on the 26. 
IMHO it’s not necessary.  I smoke on my 26 low n slow, and it holds temp well.  The lid has the best seal of all my kettles with zero mods.  You’ll love the 26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brisketandbourbon

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 06:24:54 AM »
 Thanks for the response MM. Well that really blows. I was planning on using  the IQ exclusively on the new kettle. It works great on the 22". I will only use the 26" for smoking. Have you ever had to use your warranty?

brisketandbourbon

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 03:24:53 AM »
Well I finally got my 26". I had to return the first one because of several huge gouges on the cover. Lowes actually assembled and delivered the second one and waived the the delivery and assembly fees. I did get some bad information about  Pitmaster IQ controller. The manifold does fit on the bowl without any moods or drilling. Looking forward to this weekend!

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 04:21:10 AM »
Installing the PitmasterIQ iQue 110 on the Weber Kettle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX9Ut0hz8ZI

brisketandbourbon

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 04:43:06 AM »
Thanks RRR! I've done it for years,but I was told it wouldn't fit on the 26"  I was just saying that you can do it on the 26"

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 05:55:15 AM »
Sweet! Can't wait to see it in action!

brisketandbourbon

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2019, 09:58:29 AM »
Well the maiden voyage with the 26" and the Pitmaster IQ. Went with an easy one. Smoked bacon wrapped chicken thighs. It worked great and the thighs were a big hit at my daughter's party!